Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

ANH stunt WIP (mtk)

Hi everybody, I am currently trying to put together an MTK kit. I have a build thread going on FISD but I thought I'd try to get some input from my future garrison mates as well. Most issues I have on this build have been addressed thus far and I am working on them. Lack of patience being one of my main issues, I do still have actual some armor concerns. I'm kind of on my own and I'm trying to get both my thighs and ab pieces fitted to me so I may trim them further. This is my first build so trying to explain what I want to accomplish to my girlfriend when I myself don't entirely know what I'm doing is difficult. If anyone has a tips or advice I would really appreciate it and any Yuma based ISG members I could definitely use your help.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

With all the info and examples available to me on the FISD I did move forward on a thigh and ab/kidney fit I felt worked best for me. bd308c9a4868fb9fb9d3d6443a80acfd.jpg

b61de82060eaad44e8c506af4c1f9c89.jpg

I made the necessary trimmings and fit the ab/kidney with Mr No Stripes brackets and the ab/kidney split rivets and straps.

MTK is a great kit. Looks pretty good so far. I'm a fan of the authentic bracket strapping system. I'm assuming that top middle bracket on our kidney isn't screwed on one side since it's misaligned. Is there a reason why the buttons for your belt aren't even? Doesn't matter really just curious

MTK is a great kit. Looks pretty good so far. I'm a fan of the authentic bracket strapping system. I'm assuming that top middle bracket on our kidney isn't screwed on one side since it's misaligned. Is there a reason why the buttons for your belt aren't even? Doesn't matter really just curious

Right about the bracket not being screwed on. I left one side loose on each bracket to make putting them together easier. As for the buttons, I followed UKSWRATH'S thread. I understand that his measurements could be different since he was building an Anovos kit. I am making my own belt so I think I can adjust button placement on the belt to compensate if I need to. There was a user with a decent MTK build thread on FISD but I think this MTK has some differences. With that in mind my logic was if my kit is different I might as well use the most precise build thread I could find.

For a test fit, that's looking pretty good!

While Dean is our expert onTK's as GML--looks like you're going to have a problem with  your knees/shins being too close together.  Shins are riding pretty high on your boots.  Can they be dropped down a little?

For a test fit, that's looking pretty good!

While Dean is our expert onTK's as GML--looks like you're going to have a problem with  your knees/shins being too close together.  Shins are riding pretty high on your boots.  Can they be dropped down a little?

Thank you for your input! I spoke with the GML before and he's been helpful. The shins were pretty tight on the tops of my TKBoots but I am going to try to bring them down a little somehow. The thighs weren't secured very well, I had the straps tucked in to my pants waistband. Despite the near completed look I have quite a bit of work to do. Still need to make my belt, finish the helmet and have some small stuff to work on.

Did you strap your biceps to your shoulder bells yet? You stated it's just a test fit, so probably not, but if you did, raise your biceps up and under your shoulder bells more. The elbow bend is one of the spots the armor can "bite" you if they are too close. Getting there!!

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-456.jpg

Did you strap your biceps to your shoulder bells yet? You stated it's just a test fit, so probably not, but if you did, raise your biceps up and under your shoulder bells more. The elbow bend is one of the spots the armor can "bite" you if they are too close. Getting there!!

star-wars4-movie-screencaps.com-456.jpg

I did add straps on the shoulder bell for the biceps. I'd post a picture but for some reason I am unable to upload a picture.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After a couple of fixes and acquisition of said blaster, I figured it was time to submit for EIB. I don't anticipate any major issues since I built with centurion in mind. I just hope they think I built my TK as well as I think I did.

• 3 weeks later...