Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

(NC) 2018-10-13, Sat., Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting

PunkRocketScience

The October armor party and meeting will be held in north county.

Toddy & Wendy’s House

3529 Strawberry Place

Oceanside, CA 92056

Start time 10:00 am, Meeting time 1:00 pm.

Bring your projects to work on, and something SPOOKY to share for the pot luck.

Maxine and I will be there! This will sadly be our last event before we depart for Texas. I'm glad that we'll be able to see most everyone and say our temporary good-byes. We plan on coming back after our three years in Texas is up, or if I can get a "WORK" trip to come back lol.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Christina said:

I'll be there. I'm hoping to attach the top part of my mohawk to my TIE helmet, and I'd love any help I can get (btw, do any of you have a heat gun you can bring or have other tips to best attach the mohawk?).

I have a heat gun you can use.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Christina said:

I'll be there. I'm hoping to attach the top part of my mohawk to my TIE helmet, and I'd love any help I can get (btw, do any of you have a heat gun you can bring or have other tips to best attach the mohawk?).

I haven’t done that myself, but I recall seeing a number of build threads on the JRS Forum of using a bunch of clips and/or magnets. A heat gun can be risky because if you hit a spot more than another, you could see a warble.

23 minutes ago, Christina said:

@DymnDog hmm. That's a fair point. I'll see what I can find on those forums. Thanks!

I like boiling water for reshaping my ABS parts on my TK. It gets them just hot enough that you can reshape them but not hot enough that you start wrinkling the plastic. It's also a bit less hot so it's a bit easier to work with. If you want to go the heat gun route, I've also used that for reshaping and have some experience.

• Thanks 1