Hi! Looking to enlist.

Guest fishgoh0nk

Morning James!

Welcome to the ISG forums!  @Sithwithdaddyissues is our garrison cadet administrator and can hook you up with a mentor if you like.  Looks like you are getting some good advice on FISD, but @Stutz is our Garrison Membership Liaison (the guy who approves costumes) so I would suggest keeping in contact with him as well.  @Impatience, @Gaanon, @Balue all rock TKs and might be available for questions.

• Like 1

Happy to help where I can!  Look around the forums.  Our next Armor Build Party is July 8.  I'm planning to be there and working on my new TK as well.  I've helped build an Anovos kit before.  It looks more intimidating than it really is.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I keep forgetting to check ISG for updates, so I apologize for that. I'll definitely be keeping this tab in my browser open! 

On 6/27/2018 at 7:29 AM, PunkRocketScience said:

Morning James!

Welcome to the ISG forums!  @Sithwithdaddyissues is our garrison cadet administrator and can hook you up with a mentor if you like.  Looks like you are getting some good advice on FISD, but @Stutz is our Garrison Membership Liaison (the guy who approves costumes) so I would suggest keeping in contact with him as well.  @Impatience, @Gaanon, @Balue all rock TKs and might be available for questions.

That's awesome info, thanks for sharing. 

On 6/27/2018 at 7:34 AM, Gaanon said:

Happy to help where I can!  Look around the forums.  Our next Armor Build Party is July 8.  I'm planning to be there and working on my new TK as well.  I've helped build an Anovos kit before.  It looks more intimidating than it really is.

I couldn't attend that party as I was out of town. :( What's the best way to keep up to date with the parties? 

Edit: I see the post on the forums, definitely will be keeping track of them. I feel like i might need some personal help with calves :)

On 6/27/2018 at 7:37 AM, Balue said:

Hello and welcome, what area do you live in? More than happy to lend help where I can. 

I'm in Mission Valley, in a tiny 600 sqft apartment, I'm driving my fiancee nuts, but she totally understands I need to work on it! She's totally supportive of the project and in fact would love to build her own armor someday (mando) 

On 6/27/2018 at 8:00 AM, Stutz said:

Welcome! Looks like you're getting some good advice over at FISD. Keep asking them questions and posting your progress. They are the real experts.

Hey Stutz, yes I will! Everyone is super friendly and helpful! They're hugely supportive and their encouragement keeps me breathing the glue :)

Edited by fishgoh0nk
update

1 minute ago, fishgoh0nk said:

I couldn't attend that party as I was out of town. :( What's the best way to keep up to date with the parties?

Just like you said, keep the forum up on an open tab in your browser.  We post on here when the next Build Party is so everyone can find it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fishgoh0nk said:

Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I keep forgetting to check ISG for updates, so I apologize for that. I'll definitely be keeping this tab in my browser open! 

I'm in Mission Valley, in a tiny 600 sqft apartment, I'm driving my fiancee nuts, but she totally understands I need to work on it! She's totally supportive of the project and in fact would love to build her own armor someday (mando) 

I live in the Clairemont so just up the hill from you. I am also in an apartment so I understand. My wife just got her Bridge Crew approved and we are working on others. I am also building a mando.

Well if you ever want to get together or need some hands on help, it can come in handy when doing sizing and final fitting. I am more than willing to meet up with you. I am only a few minutes from the Valley. 

• Like 1

I live in the Clairemont so just up the hill from you. I am also in an apartment so I understand. My wife just got her Bridge Crew approved and we are working on others. I am also building a mando.
Well if you ever want to get together or need some hands on help, it can come in handy when doing sizing and final fitting. I am more than willing to meet up with you. I am only a few minutes from the Valley. 
Hey brother if you wouldn't mind being his Sponsor. I will set James up with you and we can get the ball rolling after SDCC.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Sithwithdaddyissues said:

Hey brother if you wouldn't mind being his Sponsor. I will set James up with you and we can get the ball rolling after SDCC.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Sounds good brother, happy to do it!

• Like 2

On 7/18/2018 at 10:11 AM, fishgoh0nk said:

... She's totally supportive of the project and in fact would love to build her own armor someday (mando)...

The Mercs are growing in San Diego.  Many of us cross over between clubs.  @TrooperVic is the local clan leader.  @Talon Ven'ad and @Terry.Eatmon are his officers.  Mandos are more than welcome at our armor parties and vice versa.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Looks like I forgot to provide an update - I moved out of San Diego (wife changed jobs) for Orange County, so I'm trying to join the OC garrison - either way, I hope to see you guys sometime maybe for an SD trooping event! Thanks for your warm welcome :)

Looks like I forgot to provide an update - I moved out of San Diego (wife changed jobs) for Orange County, so I'm trying to join the OC garrison - either way, I hope to see you guys sometime maybe for an SD trooping event! Thanks for your warm welcome :)

1 hour ago, fishgoh0nk said:

Looks like I forgot to provide an update - I moved out of San Diego (wife changed jobs) for Orange County, so I'm trying to join the OC garrison - either way, I hope to see you guys sometime maybe for an SD trooping event! Thanks for your warm welcome :)

Thanks for the update James!

Good luck completing your build.  The OC squad and SoCal Garrison are a great bunch!  You are always welcome to come down and troop with the ISG!  I'm in Oceanside, so I like to get up and troop with the OC and IE folks when I can.

Let us know when you are approved and we can bump up your forum access to 501st member level.