And so it begins...

Ok...done! All I have left is the ammo belt and thigh ammo pack! And the helmet of course ( those ears )

ca4d1439e2a346c37c9cc207b973d40a.jpg

There are a couple of small errors I made in my trim, but nothing some ABS paste can’t fix, right?

Anyway, time to clean up and get ready to attack the week ahead ( which I hope isn’t as crazy as last week )

MAC(SW/AW) Dan D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/8/2018 at 10:58 AM, MAC Dan D said:

Question...I was thinking of getting these...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FN5POS/?coliid=I2NKDS8LICR6HD&colid=2Y8BRCJCXEULS&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

...to use to “simulate” the screw set for the internal strapping. As they are nylon screws I was going to file down the heads flush and use CA glue to attach so I would not have to put holes in the return edges.

Thoughts?

Those might actually work since they don't have to be functional. Diameter of the head looks about right. May just want to paint them silver first then a coat of white.

Those might actually work since they don't have to be functional. Diameter of the head looks about right. May just want to paint them silver first then a coat of white.

Yeah...that’s what I was thinking, but if I’m weathering everything...

16 hours ago, MAC Dan D said:

Yeah...that’s what I was thinking, but if I’m weathering everything...emoji848.png

Technically you'd want to match the color of your armor and simulate them as being metal screws just so that they don't look like plastic screws glued to your armor. This is actually just a SWAT requirement and not needed for 501st approval but still a cool detail.

1 hour ago, djrue said:

Technically you'd want to match the color of your armor and simulate them as being metal screws just so that they don't look like plastic screws glued to your armor. This is actually just a SWAT requirement and not needed for 501st approval but still a cool detail.

Understood! I think we could manage that! Its like painting the helmet in the olive drab color of the original plastic, then painting it white; I get it!

Edited by MAC Dan D
Spelling

8 minutes ago, MAC Dan D said:

Understood! I think we could manage that! Its like painting the helmet in the olive drab color of the original plastic, then painting it white; I get it!

Correct. Or just go to home depot and pick up some pan head screws.

15 minutes ago, djrue said:

Correct. Or just go to home depot and pick up some pan head screws.

I thought about that, but I don't like the idea of drilling holes, or grinding down metal screws...I just thought that the nylon screws would be easier to deal with.

So...not the prettiest stitch job, but I think that will hold. dc5e95911058f41009048cbadedf6c56.jpg
Victor showed me how to take nylon webbing and stitch it to the elastic, and run the snaps through both. The nylon anchors the elastic and saves it from stressing.

Ok...finished with ammo belts and buttons. Brewing up some paste...going to need it for a couple of small nicks and also for some simulated paint runs/drops on bucket.

50a18c48a7600828ff49ff3bf4a00e3b.jpg

Hoping all my strapping stuff shows this week so we can tear it up during the armor party!

More stuff arriving...

2309bc617d0288ba3f24d9450850b5da.jpg

...shout out to Trooperbay for quick shipping!

Neck Seal provided by Imperial Seamstress...check her out...great quality, fast shipping from England!

https://m.facebook.com/theimperialseamstress/?tsid=0.7978657553678912&source=result