Hope to be a member soon

Guest BOOKOF

Hey, I'm Eli and I live in University City. I've been wanting to join the 501st for years but never had the funds. I just started doing research on whitearmor.net but my goal is to get the First Order stormtrooper from Anovos when they release it next year. I hear that their gear is not 501st-worthy right out of the box so I am very open to input and suggestions on what my plan should be for the future.

Thanks so much in advance! You guys are awesome/

profilepic.jpg

Hi Eli, and welcome to the forums!  From what I've seen of the completed kits, the TFA stormtroopers looks really sweet.  I myself have a kit, but haven't gotten started, it is going to be quite an undertaking, but will be awesome when it is done! Look forward to meeting you!  We will be at UTC today from 11-3 at Pottery Barn Kids if you want to come by and say hi and meet a few of us :) (Since you live in the area)

Welcome! Here is the reference you would need to follow for the TFA trooper:

http://www.501st.com/databank/TK_-_First_Order

I have not heard of any modifications that need to be made to the TFA Stormtrooper kits for approval. Generally, Anovos kits are quite accurate.

Hi Eli, and welcome to the forums!  From what I've seen of the completed kits, the TFA stormtroopers looks really sweet.  I myself have a kit, but haven't gotten started, it is going to be quite an undertaking, but will be awesome when it is done! Look forward to meeting you!  We will be at UTC today from 11-3 at Pottery Barn Kids if you want to come by and say hi and meet a few of us  (Since you live in the area)

Ahh I wish I had seen this earlier. Thanks for the invite, I'll have to meet up with you guys another time.

You say you have an Anovos kit? I don't have the equipment or knowledge of how to modify armor so I hope it's a simple process. The fact that you say it'll be an undertaking makes me nervous, haha

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Welcome! Here is the reference you would need to follow for the TFA trooper:

http://www.501st.com/databank/TK_-_First_Order

I have not heard of any modifications that need to be made to the TFA Stormtrooper kits for approval. Generally, Anovos kits are quite accurate.

Here's hoping! My main goal is to bring it to Comic Con next year, assuming the armor goes on sale by then.

I say quite an undertaking, but this is also coming from someone who notoriously has a serious lack of faith in his own

skills heheh. There is a TON of help out there for building the costumes so I'm sure you'll be fine. Don't let me scare you off hehehe!!! I can even show you the kit sometime so you can see what's involved.

• 3 months later...

Well if you guys know JJ from JJ Armory, I just bought his FO trooper suit. He parted with it to fund a costume he's doing for the Avengers. It was one of the Anaheim 75 suits from the Star Wars Celebration event. Just shot the funds over to him yesterday so I should have everything, including a F-11D rifle, in a few weeks!

Well if you guys know JJ from JJ Armory, I just bought his FO trooper suit. He parted with it to fund a costume he's doing for the Avengers. It was one of the Anaheim 75 suits from the Star Wars Celebration event. Just shot the funds over to him yesterday so I should have everything, including a F-11D rifle, in a few weeks!

Right on! I saw that posted and didn't last long at all. He wanted a pretty penny a few months back. You could be the first FOTK in our garrison before Scott and myself.

Right on! I saw that posted and didn't last long at all. He wanted a pretty penny a few months back. You could be the first FOTK in our garrison before Scott and myself.

Awesome! I'm glad I won't be alone. Are any of you guys going to comic con?

Awesome! I'm glad I won't be alone. Are any of you guys going to comic con?

No tickets (yet) but I'll def be at the 501st party the Friday of con.

• 1 month later...
On March 10, 2016 at 8:20 PM, BOOKOF said:

I'll be applying to the 501st within the next month so I'll get the details for that then.

Did your kit show up yet? I'd like to check it out.

On March 10, 2016 at 8:20 PM, BOOKOF said: I'll be applying to the 501st within the next month so I'll get the details for that then.

Did your kit show up yet? I'd like to check it out.

I was waiting on JJ to finally finish making my blaster. After waiting a couple weeks for it we said screw it, and he's going to give me his personal one instead of waiting any longer. So hopefully it's all being shipped this weekend. Ill be posting pictures as soon as I'm able!

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, I got the rest. This suit has a lotttt going on. I wish we had another FOTK in the garrison so I could get help suiting up, haha

On 4/28/2016 at 1:39 PM, BOOKOF said:

Alright, I got the rest. This suit has a lotttt going on. I wish we had another FOTK in the garrison so I could get help suiting up, haha

Right on Eli!! My kit should be arriving soon so I'm no help. I saw in the whitearmor forums that you were having issues with the gaskets. Usable or nah?

On 4/28/2016 at 1:39 PM, BOOKOF said: Alright, I got the rest. This suit has a lotttt going on. I wish we had another FOTK in the garrison so I could get help suiting up, haha

Right on Eli!! My kit should be arriving soon so I'm no help. I saw in the whitearmor forums that you were having issues with the gaskets. Usable or nah?

They're usable but not ideal. The armor covers most of the ugliness but I'm hoping it doesn't cause any issues as far as getting approved. I'm on the list for a replacement.