Requesting Access

Neb

Hey guys!

My name is Sarah and I'm hoping to join the SD Star Wars community. I've been a nerd my whole life, but, I've never joined any "groups" outside of things like video game guilds.

I've done a bit of cosplay in the past. I'm really into creating weapons. Buuuut, I've never done Star Wars. It's time for that to change.

I want to create a female stormtrooper set and am looking into that currently. I'm going in blind, so I'm hoping these forums can help. The goal is to join the 501st once I'm good to go.

I'm also working on a custom modded "Hoth Edition" Jeep Wrangler for myself. I've already done a Jurassic Park Jeep build that was a lot of fun. However, Hoth stormtrooper Jeep is/will be my baby. I ride motorcycles too. You can bet some type of stormtrooper bike is on the way. Ah, if only money was infinite, haha. Also, I wish speeder bikes were a thing. There is a special place in my heart for Imperial Scouts with speeder bikes.

Thanks for reading and I look forward to getting to know you guys.

• Like 1

Hey Sarah,

Welcome to the forums! I know a few of our members have done female stormtroopers so hopefully they will pop in and give you the guidance you need. :) 

If you ever have the chance, please post of your weapons creations, i'm actually working on a new blaster for a custom Mandalorian so would be awesome to have some inspiration from your work. 

-Adriel

• Like 1

Hi Sarah-

Here is a link to the Legacy Trooper CRL:  https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:Legacy_Trooper_Female

If memory serves, the kit was made by Imperial Surplus?  https://imperialsurplus.com/

The best place for info on stormtroopers is the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (FISD):  https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/

Keep an eye on this section of the ISG forums for posts about upcoming online meetings and armor parties to meet other garrison members who might be able to help you out with advice!

• Like 1

Hey Eagleskull! Thank you for the input! Unfortunately I have not made any Star Wars weapons just yet. Mostly staves and things like that. But I'll certainly share once I get started!

Hey PunkRocketScience! Thank you so much for all of the links, I can't wait to dig in. Thank you for access!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Neb said:

Hey Eagleskull! Thank you for the input! Unfortunately I have not made any Star Wars weapons just yet. Mostly staves and things like that. But I'll certainly share once I get started!

Hey PunkRocketScience! Thank you so much for all of the links, I can't wait to dig in. Thank you for access!

I'm happy to help with anything I can!  @Stutz is our Garrison Membership Liaison (GML), so he will be the one who will be doing your costume review.  Definitely work with him ahead of time to make your approval easier!  @KnottyKitty has a Legacy Trooper and may be able to give you pointers.

• Like 1