Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Hello! Newbie here!

CaptainCraftastic

6 hours ago, CaptainCraftastic said:

Hello!  I'm not new to SW or costuming, but I am new to SW (proper) costuming.  I've got Qi'ra and Mara Jade in EARLY progress...always looking for peeps to work on costumes with!  (I have some but they're not SW dorks like I am...lol)

Hello and Welcome to a new world. We definitely have some very talented folks that can help. We host armor/build party's Evey month. Our Next one is near Mission Valley. We also have a Face Book page for new recruits. You can access it here https://m.facebook.com/groups/2347013798891383?view=permalink&id=2348461695413260

You can also request access to our form with our Armory area where we post all of our Armor/Build Parties. 

Thanks for the responses!  You'll all have to excuse the Captain Marvel pic....all I have are light side SW pics at this point.  DOH!

I've been all over the spec lists and working on props and patterning at this point...but very early on both as I need to figure out how to use my 3D Printer AND airbrush kit.  LOL

Dumb question for the 'armor' parties---my costumes don't really have too much of that (a TINY bit for Mara) so do these parties involve other aspects of the build process?  I am also in need of getting my light sabers (one proper CustomSaberShop and one 3D printed...both ready for parts and/or finishing) hooked up---I don't want to do battle (LOL) but I would like them to light up and make noise!!!  (Oh yeah, I have a Bastila Shan costume too...but it's her light side version---contemplating adding her dark side to the mix at some point since I have the saber hilts!)

15 hours ago, CaptainCraftastic said:

Thanks for the responses!  You'll all have to excuse the Captain Marvel pic....all I have are light side SW pics at this point.  DOH!

I've been all over the spec lists and working on props and patterning at this point...but very early on both as I need to figure out how to use my 3D Printer AND airbrush kit.  LOL

Dumb question for the 'armor' parties---my costumes don't really have too much of that (a TINY bit for Mara) so do these parties involve other aspects of the build process?  I am also in need of getting my light sabers (one proper CustomSaberShop and one 3D printed...both ready for parts and/or finishing) hooked up---I don't want to do battle (LOL) but I would like them to light up and make noise!!!  (Oh yeah, I have a Bastila Shan costume too...but it's her light side version---contemplating adding her dark side to the mix at some point since I have the saber hilts!)

"Armor Party" is just the name. You are free to work on any part of your costume, or none at all. Feel free to come and just hang out, socialize, ask questions, or see what other people are working on.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaptainCraftastic said:

LOL...yes, I probably won't be travelling lightly!  I'll plan accordingly to bring something that doesn't take TOO much equipment or space though!  I have a fold up table and chairs...should I bring those?

Yes! Table/chairs are appropriate. You can bring a pop-up shelter too if you want guaranteed shade.