Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Clone Commander Vill progress

Jmiah0192

• 3 weeks later...

update on my helmet progress. I tried to tone down the weathering by A LOT and make it more subtle and tested some different blaster marks. The original tube stripe decals werent sticking so well so I bought the stencil off order6t6 and spray painted it on.

Funny story. As I was in the process of de-weathering I lost the original vocoder greeble because I had to take most of my things out of my apartment because my apartment was being bug bombed and it must have dropped somewhere outside. Luckily, Todd aka PunkRocketScience was able to 3d print me a replacement. So super big thanks to Todd! 

jUnKfz0.jpg

odblTQU.jpglA3OXjp.jpgV8JGYu0.jpg

QfUl2Bs.jpg

Edited by Jmiah0192
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, PunkRocketScience said:

Are you air brushing the weathering?  It looks great!

I'd love to learn how to do this!

Thanks! it’s my first time airbrushing and doing anything crafty with paints like this, which is why I kind of went a little too heavy the first time lol. For the weathering I did a normal wash first by brushing on black acrylic paint diluted in water and dabbing it off with a cloth, then after that I went into the dipped areas of the helmet and lightly airbrushed. The blaster scorch marks are all airbrushed too. I practiced on a spray painted water jug before I tried it on the helmet. Really easy to do, even with a cheap airbrush I bought on amazon for about $50.

On 3/1/2020 at 12:19 AM, Eagleskull said:

New weathering looks great! Seeing this helmet progress makes me wish I didn't trade off my movie style clone helmet. 

Ahhh you should get one again haha! If you have a 3D printer I could send you the files I have for a movie style phase 2 clone helmet. 

• Like 1

On 3/2/2020 at 6:15 PM, Jmiah0192 said:

Ahhh you should get one again haha! If you have a 3D printer I could send you the files I have for a movie style phase 2 clone helmet. 

Wish I did, i really need to invest into a 3D printer. Its always been a SW bucket list costume to make 327th Star Corps clone.

@Jmiah0192 stencil worked great. Definite improvement on the weathering.

Wish I did, i really need to invest into a 3D printer. Its always been a SW bucket list costume to make 327th Star Corps clone.
I kinda miss my 327th Star Corps. At one time there were 2 more to troop with.
  • Like 1

My big brown box came in today! Really excited but the more I pulled out the more intimidating it felt to start this thing. Not sure which part of the body to start off with or how to fit each piece >_<  I’m thinking the arms would be my best bet and easiest to start with.  32jmCYf.jpg

• Like 3