Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

TK to Sandtrooper

Eagleskull

Hopefully i'm posting my WIP in the right place if not please let me know. 

After a bit of thinking it over a couple of time in my head, I finally decided to convert haha 

When I got my TK outfit it was a little off when trying to fix it/fit it on me, sadly only wore it about 3 times for events before pieces started to break and since i needed to fix and remake some parts decided to go Sandtrooper since I liked that salty look. 

So far just started to remove the proper parts off and added a little of the weathering, down the road before Celebration I do need to pick up another helmet since my current one has been a CE stunt. 

td_zps4dgovtm7.jpg

Also scratched built the sniper plate for the armor, just need to finally sand and then prep this for molding. 

bb5ac5be-0c0d-4ea7-b9a7-d3f8b4650498_zps

Time to crunch down to finish this! 

-Adriel

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Overlander.

Did a little late night sculpting making the new hand-guards, still a little rough but will smooth a bit before making the stone mold for latex castings. Above the sculpt are my TK ANH molds, had to use them as reference since the only good ref pictures I had where from the "move along" scene in terms of width and length. 

18a213a4-1556-4c87-9ecd-865d0ddb1cbf_zps

Putting together my first TK helmet and I was wondering, it that flareup on the side of the ears normal? Look like everything is lining up when I have it together but those side keep popping up. Can anyone give me some insight on this, been following tutorials but they seem to skip this part and I want to fix it before I put they temporarily bolt in. 

HWIP_zpsuq8b6hth.jpg

Thank you in advance 

Adriel

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Did you figure out the helmet side flare up issue? I'm assuming when the ears are bolted on that it will fix the flare. I'm interested in seeing your hand guards as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, when I riveted the side they ended up getting a little more flush with the helmet also adding a little heat to the side helped the plastic "fall" into place before adding the ear caps. 

I'll get a picture of the hand guards later on today. 

-Adriel

• 2 months later...

Didn't want to make a new thread so hopefully someone can help me out, would anyone know where I can get replacement parts for my TK? My bicep and shoulders dont fit well anymore so looking for some new ones to be able to be more comfitable and actually be able to remove my helmet without help lol

Didn't want to make a new thread so hopefully someone can help me out, would anyone know where I can get replacement parts for my TK? My bicep and shoulders dont fit well anymore so looking for some new ones to be able to be more comfitable and actually be able to remove my helmet without help lol

What about them doesn't fit? That would determine which kit I would recommend. If the bells are too small, you would need one of the larger kits (AM, NE, RT-MOD) to replace them. The MTK kit is on-par with the other screen-derived kits like ATA and AP.

From the photo, it looks like your biceps are too large. It would be easy to just modify them.

The problem I had with them is that they are small on me even after I enlarged them.  I used to fit in them but since lifting it always been a struggle to finally get them to fits comfortable and to be proportionate on me.  Ill see what I can do with them. 

Also, sadly I feel the more I mod it the more I move away from the ANH screen accurate look I used to have and I dont like that LOL so I may have to put this on the back-burner still I cut down a bit more from training. 

• 6 months later...

Little by little I'm hoping im getting there. 

Took some pictures since I redid some of my strap work, I noticed my leg armor still sags a bit though. At the moment my biggest goal is getting back to my old weight to better fit in the armor but let me know what you all think. 

140ce42d-7367-4bab-afed-6831d63a4ec6_zps

Coming along nicely! A couple comments:

• Keep the sniper plate over your thigh. Should not be tucked inside.

• Notice a big discrepancy between the color of your armor and the color of your bucket. Do what you can to get them to match.

• Looks like there are visible logos/seams on your under suit. Should all be blacked out.

• You might want to taper the thighs a bit towards the bottom, especially if you plan to drop weight. It will help with the sniper plate issue too.

• Try to white out the elastic on the boots better.

• And yes, the thighs should be a bit higher if you can manage it.

• It may just be the picture, but your right bicep looks a lot roomier than your left.

Awesome,

Thank you for all the bullet-points, Dean! Greatly appreciate it, I did notice after the pictures most of these problems but I wanted to get different pairs of eyes to confirm and tips. Will continue working on this suit since I want to get it SA as possible. 

-Adriel