Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

MTK: ANH Stunt Build (after 2years)

DaygoErm

This MTK kit has been sitting dormant awaiting it's awakening.  I finished my kids TK and now onto mine.  I'll post photos later, once I adjust the size of photos.  

FROWN QUESTION:. What tape are you guys using to get a clean straight line when masking it out?  

I have used a couple different types of blue tape. One is your typical blue masking tape, the other was for delicate surfaces and both made by 3M. I like the delicate surface one more, it seems to leave a cleaner edge.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

So this is what happened with blue painters tape.  I pressed it hard 3-4 times just it make sure.  Go to paint, let dry and pull off.  Read on forums to buy thinner.  So I'm going to go to hobby people and pick some up, plus some tamiya masking if they do have it.  Do you really think the paint thinner will take this off? Or which do you recommend? Or just it over with white? Let me know.  Thanks!

image.jpeg

Thinner should remove it. Don't paint over it in white. Just be patient and remove the paint.

And for ANH Stunt, the paint can't touch the lips, so only paint the teeth. Here is an example of what it should look like.

You'll notice there is no paint above or below the holes. This is a requirement for approval. And again, for the teeth there is really no need for masking. It's a small, irregularly shaped area, so free-handing with a brush should be fine.

FHHPUMD.jpg