Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Where to post costume build progress

Hello. I've been working on getting an ESB Vader together for the last couple of months and while I'm still a ways out from completing it, I bumped on to an ISG member (Jamie) on the SL forum and he suggested I bring ISG in on the progress go ensure no surprises come when I finally seek approval.

With all of that said, where should I document and post such progress? Would it be best to do so with the various tutorials and questions section of the ISG forum?

Also, Jamie had mentioned there was a recent write up on the garrison expectations for approvals, but I can't seem to locate that. Could anyone help an aspiring Sith Lord out?

Thanks in advance!

Hello Erik,

Most of the time, I see the blogs of the builds on the detachment sites.  That is not to say that you can't post your WIP here as well. 

Most of the information for a build can be found on the detachment website along with what is needed for approvals on the 501st Costume Reference Library (CRL). 

If you have specific questions please feel free to ask.  There are others here that are currently working on their Vader.

Good luck

Paul

Hi Erik-

I'm working on an ESB Vader myself.  Glad to hear that we are starting to build up our roster of Sith Lords, which is good.  It is not the easiest costume to wear for extended times!

I would suggest putting your WIP in the Armor and Academy section of the forums:

http://imperialsandsgarrison.com/forums/index.php?/forum/5-the-armory-and-academy/

Milton (DesertFox45) is our most active Vader currently.  He's ESB, but has a pretty good handle on the different versions.

The post about the garrison expectations is here:

Hey Erik,

Thanks for reaching out to me on the Sith Lord detachment, and welcome to the ISG Forums.

As said above, full on WIP threads are probably better on the SLD Forum. But if you have questions or want to check on something, you can post here. Dean Amstutz "Stutz" is our GML here and as I told you...his word is what determines your approvability.

I have also befriended Chris Greene, who is the Sith Lord Detachment leader "Thxboy". He is a wealth of information, very friendly, and lives in the Bay Area. His insight on which vendors to use for my Vader were so valuable.

Thanks, guys. It's good to have some names to look out for. I've exchanged quite a few messages with Chris Greene over on SLD.

PunkRocketScience, the link you provided for garrison expectations indicates that I don't have permission to view it. Is it accessible only to garrison members or should I reach out to someone to request permission?

Again, thanks for the responses. It's good to know folks are willing to be helpful and take it a bit easy on the new people.

-Erik

54 minutes ago, PunkRocketScience said:

Hey Erik-

Sorry...  I didn't realize that the link lead to a member's only section!  If you'd like, I can email you a copy of the PDF....

No worries, Todd. I PM'd you with information and thanks again!

Hi Erik,

The Sith Lord forums are the best place to post your WIP in order to ensure it meets the quality standards for the Legion.

Posting it here on the Garrison forums is a good way to get to know your fellow troopers, and for us to get to know you.