Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Snap Plates & E6000

Impatience

Through my research, I read somewhere that if you use E6000 with snaps (in snap plates) that the combination of the snaps and E6000 could melt your ABS.  Has anyone had experience with this?  Their work around was to put white duct tape on the backs of the snaps (gluing surface) before gluing to the main armor.  I'd hate to melt holes in my ABS due to some sort of heat reaction between E6000 and metal snaps.  I will probably do a few test runs, but wanted your input as well.

I have been more than satisfied with E6000 for all of my straps and snaps. I've used the nylon strapping mesh as my snap "plates" for increased surface area for the E6000 to grab hold of. I even made a strap to pull the top of my ab plate to my kidney plate closer together (by big belly was pushing it out and it looked funny).

2015-02-21%2011.34.00.jpg

4 minutes ago, Stutz said:

All of the issues I've seen with getting a snap imprint on the front side of the plastic have been the result of over clamping in conjunction with a solvent based adhesive (abs cement or CA glue).

Good to know!  Less clamp, more E6000!!!