We were all newbs at one point!

teh1337bucks

Hi all! My name is Justin and I live in Ramona, looking to become a member of the 501st to participate in some great volunteer opportunities, and get to have a lot of fun while I'm at it. I am currently working on a costume (darth maul) and I'm finding it hard to find all the little things I need to get 501st approved. I bought a robe and belt off of Jedi Robes America and I'm just buying the rest of the pieces one at a time with each paycheck. I'm hoping to have everything finished by the episode 7 premier. If anybody has any tips or info to get some of the pieces for a deal, any and all help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone and I hope to be serving with you all soon! Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Welcome Justin!  I'm still a newb, asking for help on a regular basis.  Great crew here that I'm sure can provide some help and guidance.  Look forward to meeting you soon!

What kind if things do you need help with? I'm still doing a lot of research for my Darth Maul costume, if I come across anything you need I can send it your way. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Right now I'm doing a lot of trimming on my TK.  Once I get that done I'll be hitting up garrison folks to help with sizing.  Then hopefully I can have a little E6000 party with me and a few beers and I can bust this thing out.  Still have quite a few soft parts to get, but that just means I have to get off my lazy duff and start looking :)  (under suit, belt, balaclava, etc)

Welcome, Justin!  

We are having a garrison armor party / meeting this Sunday afternoon at our Lesley and Paul Farquhar's house in Lakeside, if you are available.  Paul is a Darth Maul, so he would be a great resource.  You can message Lesley at "BrieKalan2" for details.

Welcome, Justin!  

We are having a garrison armor party / meeting this Sunday afternoon at our Lesley and Paul Farquhar's house in Lakeside, if you are available.  Paul is a Darth Maul, so he would be a great resource.  You can message Lesley at "BrieKalan2" for details.

I would love to go, but I'm out of town till the end of the month, is there anything going on in November? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I would love to go, but I'm out of town till the end of the month, is there anything going on in November? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Welcome Justin!  We do have 1 possibly 2 armor parties going in November. 

I helped my husband make all his Darth Maul items.  The hardest thing to source are the boots!  The original ones Ray Park wore are no longer available but there are some good substitutes out there.

Have you gotten onto the Sith Lord Detachment forums yet? They have an entire forum section devoted to Darth Maul!

I haven't gone onto the forums yet, but I have been looking at the 501st costume reference page, the biggest issue I'm having is the lightsaber. I would like one without blades that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg haha. I'll go ask the DSL forum and see what I can find Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hello! Maul saber huh?! I love maul! Uhh all crls are different. Mine doesn't have a blade on my Pre-Armor vader. I don't have a lightsaber on my palpatine. But I do have a saber on my Starkiller. My recommendation is to ask on the sithlord forums. Second you could also ask the lovely GML who can also answer that I'll be honest I've never seen a mail without the blades Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Welcome Justin!

Yes, PLEASE head over to the Sith Lord Detachment:

http://forum.501stsithlords.com

http://forum.501stsithlords.com/index.php?showforum=7

That's the best resource for all the information you need to complete your Maul to 501st standards. And I highly recommend starting a WIP (work-in-progress) thread. There are a lot of folks there who have travelled this road before you, and they will be a great resource in helping you get approved with as few hiccups as possible.

Welcome Justin!  We do have 1 possibly 2 armor parties going in November. 

I helped my husband make all his Darth Maul items.  The hardest thing to source are the boots!  The original ones Ray Park wore are no longer available but there are some good substitutes out there.

Have you gotten onto the Sith Lord Detachment forums yet? They have an entire forum section devoted to Darth Maul!

Do you know if the Hasbo Ultimate FX lightsabers are 501st approved? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Do you know if the Hasbo Ultimate FX lightsabers are 501st approved? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Some Hasbro sabers are approvable, but for Maul--they want the brushed aluminum/metal.  The old master replicas sabers that are the best models are still found on ebay.