Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Is it possible to adjust the collar on a uniform for those with a fat neck?

StangAce20

So I summitted an application to join as an Imperial Military Officer (Non-Saga), with a request for an exception concerning the fact I cannot close the clasps on the top of collar due to having a very big neck. The request was unfortunately rejected which leaves me in a predicament.

First off I am NOT buying a new uniform/tunic (as was suggested in the email I received) as I have already spent enough buying the one I have and altering it to fit me better (with the exception of the collar). I just don't have the funds to throw it all away and start over. Plus I feel getting a tunic the next size up would overall be a waste to buy it and as I would then need to have it altered/slimed back down to what my current uniform is, as my current uniform fits me fine EXCEPT for this one issue......so the only thing I can think to do is try to have it altered to make it bigger/looser so it fits around my neck.

My only question is, is that even possible?

I'm hoping there are other members here who have had a similar problem who can give me advice on the best way to rectify this, as I'm feeling a bit defeated and stuck right now.

Edited by Stangace20
details

• 2 weeks later...

You should reach out to Colleen Rodriguez (wyngdlyoncreations on Facebook or info@wyngdlyon.com). She is one of our members with a lot of experience with sewing and alterations. She does a lot of work for our members and might be able to help.