Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Wicked Armor Darth Revan help

tattooed_pariah

hey everyone, so I feel like this would probably be a situation solved in like 20 minutes at an armor group meeting, but with COVID, I doubt we'll be having one for a while.. I need some help setting up my Revan kit.

Wicked Armor customer service has been great, but since the 501st approves costumes, not them, I figured I'd ask here.. Their instructions are almost all text and I'm a little unclear on some things, so any help is greatly appreciated!

My kit came missing the 3/4" webbing on the chest plate, so I emailed them and they sent some out to me. Their directions say to "Wrap 3/4' web around your hips and buckle to the other side" but they sent me a buckle with a 2" lead on one end and about a 12" section of web for the other side.. I'm a skinny dude, but there is no way that's going to wrap around my waist..

m4pSwoy.jpg

I'm guessing it attaches to the kidney armor and holds that closed? Could I run a section of web through the INSIDE (the part against my body and not visible to viewers) of the loops holding the metal rings?

DKx4OBa.jpg

Also, their instructions are clear that I should NOT attach the ring straps to the leather on the back plate, but if I avoid the leather, they wind up almost parallel to the ground, or almost vertical.. am I not understanding something? The CRL says they should slope at a downward angle, but I don't think it means that steep of an angle.. and I can't seem to find pics with the cape lifted so i can see others..

JQVuMrv.jpg

nzmDa9l.jpg

Lastly (so far..), Like I said above, I'm a skinny dude.. When I snug the chest/back plates together, the side pieces overlap just a tiny bit, but not enough to stay in position.. the back plate winds up poking out from the front, do you guys just put a velcro dot on the top there to hold it in place? or is there a better solution?

Ifi44Pi.jpg

I know I have a problem overthinking things and nuking the hell out of them, but I wish the instructions for final sizing included pictures of the process.. The kit looks like great quality, and their customer service has been fantastic so far, I just feel like better documentation isn't too much to ask considering the cost.. maybe I'm just a whiner? :P

Thanks in advance!

Edited by tattooed_pariah

21 hours ago, tattooed_pariah said:

The kit looks like great quality, and their customer service has been fantastic so far, I just feel like better documentation isn't too much to ask considering the cost.. maybe I'm just a whiner? :P

You got documentation?  Your lucky!  My FOTK is just a box of plastic with no help at all!

LOL, fair enough, but at least there's a lot of you TK types around to bounce ideas off of.. 

I just only want to do the set up once, not do it how i THINK is right, submit it and find out I did it wrong and have to figure out how to undo it without messing anything up.. :P

20 hours ago, tattooed_pariah said:

LOL, fair enough, but at least there's a lot of you TK types around to bounce ideas off of.. 

I just only want to do the set up once, not do it how i THINK is right, submit it and find out I did it wrong and have to figure out how to undo it without messing anything up.. :P

Not a TK guy yet...  Haven't sorted out the giant box of plastic.  Seems like almost every other designation, but not TK...

6 hours ago, PunkRocketScience said:

Not a TK guy yet...  Haven't sorted out the giant box of plastic.  Seems like almost every other designation, but not TK...

Gotchya, so is it basically, "so long as you can't see it for inspection, do what you want/need to to make the costume work"? like I keep saying, i just don't wanna do something that's semi-permanent, and then find out it needs to be undone and I wind up doing damage.. 

On 12/17/2020 at 1:38 PM, PunkRocketScience said:

I would tend to agree with this sentiment.  @Stutz

Pretty much. Internal strapping/structure is not reviewed for approval. Only things that are visible. With that said, there are certainly tried-and-true methods that we use that hold up over time. Unfortunately, you are building a less-common costume, so there is not a lot of expertise for Revan on these boards. I know you are on the forums over at Flagship Eclipse, so I would continue to use the resources there.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stutz said:

Pretty much. Internal strapping/structure is not reviewed for approval. Only things that are visible. With that said, there are certainly tried-and-true methods that we use that hold up over time. Unfortunately, you are building a less-common costume, so there is not a lot of expertise for Revan on these boards. I know you are on the forums over at Flagship Eclipse, so I would continue to use the resources there.

Thanks! Haha, having a more unique costume is great for the attention-whore in me, but not so much for the "I don't know what I'm doing and need help" in me.. :lol:

But, knowing that "if it ain't visible, it don't matter" will help me bolster up what I think I need to and make it fit and function how I want it. I promise I'll shoot you an application package one day! hahaha