Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Ultra Sabers minor mod

I searched for "ultrasabers" (0 results) and "ultra sabers" (5 results) and didn't see what I was looking for, so I apologize if this has been covered before..

I just got my first saber this week, and I totally get that the set screw used to hold the blade in place is designed to be subtle and hidden (and offer U.S. an opportunity to charge you $5 for an allen wrench :rolleyes: ) but I was wondering if anyone has replaced that set screw with a small knurled knob screw? would that invalidate it as a 501st weapon? anyone know where to source such screws?

for reference, this is what I'm talking about: 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ42Qr2KNhXTUtL_S3sDMF

I figure if i can find one with a very tiny head, that matches the thread and pitch of the existing screw, it would be a LOT easier than trying not to lose a tiny allen in costume..

the other idea I was wondering about is how come they don't make the blades similar to vehicle bulbs? either notch the blade itself and put two pegs in the hilt, so the blade slides in and twists to lock into place, or notch the hilt and put two protrusions on the blade to slide in and lock into place..

Have either of these been tried and proven to fail or am i embarking in undiscovered terriroty? :)

lol, so i just happened to look up and notice the tiny screws that hold cieling fan lamp shade things in place.... what do you know... it's a perfect thread pitch/size match! :lol:

It's very subtle and from what I understand sabers aren't really scrutinized much for costume consideration.. what do you all think? 

nTrmcV6.jpg

Link is broken, so I can't see the photo.

All weapons/props are reviewed for accuracy just like costumes, so if you are planning any modifications, make sure they don't stray too far from screen accuracy. Feel free to run any planned modifications by me prior to doing them.

gml.imperialsands@gmail.com

1 hour ago, Stutz said:

Link is broken, so I can't see the photo.

All weapons/props are reviewed for accuracy just like costumes, so if you are planning any modifications, make sure they don't stray too far from screen accuracy. Feel free to run any planned modifications by me prior to doing them.

gml.imperialsands@gmail.com

Should be visible here.. It's very subtle and I think you'd have to be handling the saber/looking for deviations to notice it. but if it's not allowed I get it.. It's easily reversable, I just removed the allen set screw and put this fan lamp shade screw in instead..

https://imgur.com/a/15XUwoz