Request Access

Guest Atticus76

Guest Atticus76

Hi,

I'm not currently a member, but hoping to become one in the next few weeks. Currently putting together Boba Fett and it should be complete (minus the inside of the bucket..i have no idea where to begin) in the next few weeks. I hoping to get access so I can get some ideas and help in finishing it up. Any help and access would be greatly appreciated. Already on dented helmet :) I reside in Poway. 

Thanks!!

11 hours ago, Guest Atticus76 said:

Hi,

I'm not currently a member, but hoping to become one in the next few weeks. Currently putting together Boba Fett and it should be complete (minus the inside of the bucket..i have no idea where to begin) in the next few weeks. I hoping to get access so I can get some ideas and help in finishing it up. Any help and access would be greatly appreciated. Already on dented helmet :) I reside in Poway. 

Thanks!!

Hi Atticus-

If you follow this link, it will walk you thru the process of setting up an account:

Good luck on your submission and approval!  @TrooperVic just submitted his Fett, so he might be able to give you pointers.  @Stutz is our garrison membership liaison (GML).  He will be able to answer any questions you might have about the approval process.

Once you get access, check out this link here for instructions on how to submit your costume for review.

Boba Fett is arguably the Legions most complex costume, so the review can be quite involved. Make sure you take lots of photos.

Guest Atticus76

Hey thanks for the info. I did the registration and its telling me that its pending approval. Thanks for the info!!

Jerry

• 2 months later...
Guest boba fett build
Hey Vic,
So i got a replay from Dean with changes that i need to make. Here's the list:) nothing too crazy but some of these i have no clue how to address. I was wondering if you can help me out. Dean said there's a building party o the 15th which i plan on attending, but i would like to get some progress going as i would like to get these changes incorporated ASAP. Please let me know if you have time to help me out. I'm completely down to linking up prior to the the building party to start incorporating these changes. I would be cool with meeting somewhere to start the process.. Let me know what you think, and I look forward to hear from you soon.  
thanks again!

Jerry

Required Changes:
These changes are required for approval
Required:
• The girth belt needs some adjustment. The ammo belt normally rests at the middle to the top of the girth belt while the bottom of the girth overlaps the top of cod. Lowering the girth belt in the front should solve that issue.
• The jet-pack has to have the audio cable plug protruding from the port in the bottom of the jetpack. See the CRL for visual reference.
• A fully suited, "bucket-off" photo is required for membership.
• Need confirmation that you have the correct chest display light animation. Per the CRL: "Chest light display slots have an illuminated digital red display, flashing and sequencing in a pattern consistent with film era visual references." Just let me know if it’s accurate. I’m not going to make you make a video for me.
• White plastic side-release buckles are not accurate for the jet pack attachment and need to be replaced with rectangle-shaped rings. The white straps should also be wider, and need to be weathered appropriately.
• The neck seal should close in the front. Yours looks like it closes in the back, and is bunching up. I need to see a detailed photo of it so I can count the # of ribs too.
• Adjust ammo belt so there is little to no space between the pouches. There should not any major gaps between the pouches.
• ROTJ Fett only uses the sonic beam weapon and anti-security blade. The additional shin tools should not be worn with this costume.
• The switches on the right gauntlet should be push button, not toggle switches. Technically the gauntlet being represented did not have any switches so removing them would be most accurate however, if they are present, they do need to be the correct style switch.
• The "thong" is entirely over-weathered and should be the same thickness as the knee straps.
• The flight suit weathering does not represent visual references, most noticeably in the lower legs. Both the boots and the lower leg sections should be heavily weathered and contrast significantly compared to the spats.
• The gauntlet hoses seem to be twisted a bit and lack any visible weathering. See CRL.
• The chest/shoulder armor needs some adjustment. The right shoulder sags a bit, and the chest pieces slope down to the left (facing). The spacing between the chest/ab armor is good but the gap between the chest pieces and the collar is definitely too much, especially with the chest armor sloping as it is.
• The spacing is off on the shoulders as well, but it may just be that one sleeve of the flak vest looks like its tucked up under itself.
• The return edges of the armor should be no thicker than 3-4mm Yours look significantly thicker, so they need to be trimmed down.

Recommended Changes:
While not required for basic approval, these will make a big improvement in the look of your costume.
• Blaster should have some brown/rust colored weathering as well.

On 9/6/2019 at 10:52 PM, Guest boba fett build said:
Hey Vic,
So i got a replay from Dean with changes that i need to make. Here's the list:) nothing too crazy but some of these i have no clue how to address. I was wondering if you can help me out. Dean said there's a building party o the 15th which i plan on attending, but i would like to get some progress going as i would like to get these changes incorporated ASAP. Please let me know if you have time to help me out. I'm completely down to linking up prior to the the building party to start incorporating these changes. I would be cool with meeting somewhere to start the process.. Let me know what you think, and I look forward to hear from you soon.  
thanks again!

Jerry

Hey Jerry, I'll be there the 15th :)
Here's the info if you need it...