Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

(NC) 2019-02-02, Sat, Gunstock Gaffi Build Party

Event: Gunstock Gaffi Build Workshop

Day/Date/Year: Saturday, February 2, 2019
Start & End Time Of Event: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Address: 3529 Strawberry Place, Oceanside, CA  92056

Sign Up / Drop Cut Off Date: January 31, 2019 if building.  Day of, if just observing.

Reason To Be There: Come build your own gunstock gaffi and start your way to being a Tusken!  A gaffi is not required for 501st approval, but the RL DOES require it!  This variant of the gaffi is used by one of the Tuskens that has kindly stopped to assist the broken down landspeeder parked illegally by some careless farm boy.

Here is a link to pics:  http://www.partsofsw.com/gaffi_b.htm  The gunstock variant is the bottom one in the first picture.

From The Host: I have a plan for the build, and have done this workshop before.  Building assembly line style we were able to crank out 14 gaffis in a day! Some knowledge of woodworking is helpful, but if you are a beginning, don't worry!  There will be plenty of tasks you can complete with the assistance of the group.  We will all work on all the gaffis to streamline construction. 

You may still need to paint and stain your own gaffi at a later date, depending on the weather.  As these take time to dry, you might not want to have to carry these in your vehicle when still wet!

Special Instructions: All construction materials required are included in the cost!  Please bring something pot luck to share with your fellow builders.

Club Hosting The Event:  501st Legion / Rebel Legion
Other Clubs Invited:  Yes! MM, R2, New recruits!
Cross Post:  Yes

Posted To Calendar:  Yes

Requested Characters: Tuskens!  But come in work clothes, not costume.
Number Of Characters: Any number...  Just be sure to drive single file...
Wranglers Needed/How Many: No
Event Indoor Or Outdoor: Outdoor
Can Family Members/Friends Come: Yes
Event Open To Non-members: Yes!  Recruits welcome!

Modified non-canon costumes are not allowed without prior approval of the ISG CO or XO.

Mini-Troopers Allowed?  Preferably not, as we will be using power tools and foul language.

ISG Mini Troopers Policy:

http://imperialsandsgarrison.com/forums/index.php?/topic/105-guidelines-for-mini-troopers-and-underage-wranglers/

Weapons: Gaffis only!  But if you have a Dremel or other hand tools, please post below what you can bring.  Basic tools will be provided.
Parking Provided: Yes - On street
Changing / Break Area Provided: Yes
Bin Storage: No
Water/Snacks Provided: Please bring something pot luck to share with your fellow builders.
Any Out Of Pocket Expenses Besides Gas: Yes - Materials cost is $20.00.  Cash or Friends/Family PayPal ok.

Charitable Donation Made: No
If Yes, Amount Of $/Toys/Other Items Donated: NA
Donation To Which Organization: NA

Updates:

Point Of Contact:  Todd Mullin, punkrocketscience@gmail.com, 858-231-2579

*** CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP ***

12 hours ago, Balue said:

Would I be able to put in for one even though I most likely wont be able to make it to the build party? Would really like to be there but have many things going on right now.

Yep.  Go ahead.  But you will owe anyone who works on your gaffi a drink...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DaygoErm said:

Currently scheduled to work, but I’d chip in my $20 for someone to build one. I can get your beer after the game on Saturday emoji16.png. What’s the PayPal ID for payment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I may never make a Tusken but I wouldn’t mind making a Gaffi for you. Sing me up to be Ermer’s proxy. 

• Like 1

The forecast at this point is that it is pretty much gonna rain Saturday...  Grrr....  But we will continue as long as people are interested!  Let's plan on pop-ups...

Probably no staining or painting as the high humidity and cool weather will slow the cure times...

The forecast at this point is that it is pretty much gonna rain Saturday...  Grrr....  But we will continue as long as people are interested!  Let's plan on pop-ups...
Probably no staining or painting as the high humidity and cool weather will slow the cure times...

I won’t make it, but do I send the $20 to you for materials? PayPal? Let me know, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, PunkRocketScience said:

I can bring my big pop up Todd.  :)