Hello from Oceanside! :)

Maxine

Hi, I'm Maxine, Chris's wife. My Imperial Bridge Crew Uniform is almost complete...I'm just waiting on my boots. Can't wait to troop with you!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

On 3/29/2017 at 4:53 PM, Maxine said:

Hi, I'm Maxine, Chris's wife. My Imperial Bridge Crew Uniform is almost complete...I'm just waiting on my boots. Can't wait to troop with you!

Cool! My wife needs boots as well. Who did you go through?

Cool! My wife needs boots as well. Who did you go through?

I actually got them from payless shoe store for $10... but they have a zipper on the back. So theyre at the cobblers being cobbled as we speak:) It was $20 to get the zipper removed and stitched up.

Maybe I can come wrangle at the next event and I'll bring the uniform and someone can please help me take photos afterwards to submit ?

11 minutes ago, Maxine said:

I actually got them from payless shoe store for $10... but they have a zipper on the back. So theyre at the cobblers being cobbled as we speak:) It was $20 to get the zipper removed and stitched up.

Maybe I can come wrangle at the next event and I'll bring the uniform and someone can please help me take photos afterwards to submit ?

We can do that!  Or since I now know you are right near Wendy and my house, we could help you do pics some evening if you'd like?

16 minutes ago, Maxine said:

Would be interested in which boots you got and where there is an actual cobbler nowadays. I'm in Fallbrook, so I'm not too far away.

Would be interested in which boots you got and where there is an actual cobbler nowadays. I'm in Fallbrook, so I'm not too far away.

They're payless shoes, so they're not meant for rough wear, but I think it will get me through a few troops until I can invest in a better pair.

This is a picture of the cobblers work...yes cobblers do exist It hasn't been approved yet...so we will see what happens first, but if you decide you want to get this for your wife, you can see the style number on the box and I've also included his business card. He gives 10%off for military, or with a flyer, which I have picked up for you if you want to go this route. Cheers and hope to see you guys soon. f7dd87c1793c1ea364ec386f4d1d1593.jpgf270dcfcf794922d36339ec31b159d07.jpg

We can do that!  Or since I now know you are right near Wendy and my house, we could help you do pics some evening if you'd like?

Yay! That was actually my first choice, but I didnt want to impose on you guys. Thank you for offering. I will be in contact soon!

28 minutes ago, Maxine said:

They're payless shoes, so they're not meant for rough wear, but I think it will get me through a few troops until I can invest in a better pair.

You better hurry Marcus!  Just read a news story that Payless had filed for bankruptcy and was closing stores!

19 hours ago, BroadSword said:

Crud! I have one right here in town. Would like to see what Dean thinks though.

The overall shape, finish and heel height are acceptable, though it is a more modern cut. Removing the zipper in the rear is definitely required.

The main issue is that the boot is too tall, and possibly flares too much. Though the flaring could just be because the boot shaft is flattened out in the photo.

At the very least, the boot would need to be cut down to actual jack boot height. Here's a comparison of these boots vs identically sized jack boots:

PoawC3Y.png

The overall shape, finish and heel height are acceptable, though it is a more modern cut. Removing the zipper in the rear is definitely required.
The main issue is that the boot is too tall, and possibly flares too much. Though the flaring could just be because the boot shaft is flattened out in the photo.
At the very least, the boot would need to be cut down to actual jack boot height. Here's a comparison of these boots vs identically sized jack boots:
PoawC3Y.png

Back to the cobblers I go! Thank you Dean.

PoawC3Y.png

Hello all. Maxine here. Sorry I took a little hiatus cause my neighbors dog bit me in the neck! (I'm okay). Regarding the"calf high" boot part, is there specific inches? I don't want to get this wrong. This part I want to work on myself. Thank you.