Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Heavy Weapons Trooper

Axil

Link to photos:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/196017413@N03/?

Hey everyone!

My HWT set from Dave's darkside depot arrived last week. Attached will be the photos and yes I was informed already my belt was on backwards haha. 

I havnt looked at the process to match the CRLs to join 501st. However, should I leave it looking "clean" during submission then add dirt after? 

I do have the 3 ammo pouches as well and from the little I remember from the HWT CRL I have seen in the past I believe I have everything? 

Any feedback is appreciated! Super stoked to finally have my first armor set.

Edited by Axil
Added photo link

You can go ahead and weather it to final spec for submission, just keep in mind that the weathering on a HWT is MUCH lighter that a Sandtrooper. As long as you match the CRL for weathering, you'll be OK.

The main issue I see is your legs. The added cover strips on the front of your thigh armor should match the width of the raised molded strips. Any extra panels necessary to modify for larger legs should be done on the back so they are not visible from the front. Best practice is to make your molded ridge and cover strips slightly wider than normal  (normal is 20mm) to take up some of the space, then make your cover strips as wide as necessary to take make up the extra space in the back. While you're doing that, you might consider adding a bit of taper to the thighs (and calves) as well.

cover_strips.pdf

21 hours ago, Stutz said:

You can go ahead and weather it to final spec for submission, just keep in mind that the weathering on a HWT is MUCH lighter that a Sandtrooper. As long as you match the CRL for weathering, you'll be OK.

The main issue I see is your legs. The added cover strips on the front of your thigh armor should match the width of the raised molded strips. Any extra panels necessary to modify for larger legs should be done on the back so they are not visible from the front. Best practice is to make your molded ridge and cover strips slightly wider than normal  (normal is 20mm) to take up some of the space, then make your cover strips as wide as necessary to take make up the extra space in the back. While you're doing that, you might consider adding a bit of taper to the thighs (and calves) as well.

cover_strips.pdfUnavailable

Thanks for the response and assistance! The pdf you attached says unavailable. 

In regards to the legs I don't know what you mean by cover strips and molded strips. Do I need to redo the legs?