Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Prospective member here! :)

Jesse Garcia

Hello!
I'm looking to join the 501st, and this is my local garrison. I'm thinking to build a Republic Commando (Scorch) costume! Haven't dug around for a 'where to start' guide yet, but have visited the 501st resource page. Would love any tips for a prospective member! :)

Little about me. My name's Jesse. I'm a robotics engineer by trade, but love craft projects and volunteering. Coupled with a love for SW, joining up seemed like a no brainer! I'm excited for this journey :D

Thanks in advance for the help and time!

Hi Jesse!  Welcome to the ISG forums!

If you haven't seen it yet, here is the CRL (Costume Reference Library) for Scorch:  https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:RC_scorch

I would recommend setting up an account on the Clone Trooper Detachment forums for the latest and greatest info!  Here is a link to the RC section of their forums:

https://501stclonetroopers.com/forum/index.php?/forum/7-republic-commandos-rc/

Not sure if he makes a RC kit, but Kevin Weir with Imperial Surplus pulls a LOT of different clone armors and is a reputable source.

Welcome Jesse! Republic Commando, that's going to be awesome! As far as kits go I believe Walt Trooper Factory( on Facebook) makes commando kits as well or is in the progress on making those kits. Going to be looking forward to your progress!