Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

ANH Bucket electronics

Zing

Hi Guys and Gals, Was wondering what electronics you guys are running in your bucket and what you would recommend For my ANH TK Bucket. I know I'm going to want a fan or two! Plus was thinking about adding voice and maybe hearing? do you have a hard time hearing in your Bucket? The fans must add to the hearing problem. Let me know what you got and would recommend. Thanks in advance for your assistance.  

Two Fans are a must. Definitely get those. Hearing assists are really up to you. They are helpful that's for sure. I have hearing assist in both my TK and TD buckets. I don't in my Kylo Ren set-up. Not sure if I need it yet since it is very open at the bottom. I have a iComm and Aker amp on a GoPro chest rig that I can wear with either set-up.

I personally find that one small 5v fan is plenty. Sometimes I even turn that off. Maybe that's why I don't need any hearing assist :-)

I use ROM/FX for mine. Most people use the Aker/iComm combination, or just the Aker if they don't care about static burst.

Wireless is cool, but more potential points of failure. I like to keep it simple with a wired setup.

Agree with Dean ^ wired in place works best. I've had pretty decent success with the wireless mic and aker amp so far. I was previously using an icomm for static burst but ditched it because it's just too loud. Tried using the tkvoice app but it has a delay. Bluetooth headphone and receiver I got on Amazon but that too has a delay. I thought that would make it easier to put headphones on without an extra wire hanging down but I think I'll be going back to wired. The hearing assist I got on white armor from UKSwrath but you can get a kit on Amazon for under $20.

I have been looking at a kit they sell on EBay from high-tech toys it comes with the HOVI mic tip speakers ,mic, voice changer, amp, volume control and a small speaker. Any thoughts on that kit? It's a little more than I want to spend...lol

Nice! I think I will have to chest rig mine. I don't have a shoulder pouch on my TK. Not sure if that would be approved for a tk. I'm going to look in to the 1506 Thanks for the info Ruben!

I too got some BT earbuds, but unfortunately, the delay is prominent that it's hard to even speak.

This is what I use:

iComm: http://store.voicebooster.com/icomm-imperial-communication-system/

Aker: http://store.voicebooster.com/voicebooster-mr1506-aker-10watt-voice-amplifier/

Chest Rig(you can make one for almost nothing though with Elastic, ABS and a buckle: http://shop.gopro.com/mounts/chesty-chest-harness/GCHM30-001.html

Since I have huge melon and can't fit much in my bucket, I use a throat mic instead of boom mic since it would always get ripped off my ears when I put the bucket on. I don't have a link to that, but you can search around for them.

Thanks to Marcus, Ruben & Dean for the advice. Very much appreciated!! I just ordered a chest rig off e-bay for like $5 and the Aker for like $30. Think I will just blow into the mic for static burst for now....lol Going to order my cooling fans next! Think I'm going to hold off on the hearing assist for now. I want to check out what some of the other guys are using and see if I even need them. I'm sure there will be some upgrading as time go's on. 

• 3 weeks later...