Photos from events posted in event thread for Troop Tracking

Cliffjumper

Hey all.  I've repeatedly tried to do the Troop Tracker here but always seem to get stopped by the last step, where it asks for photos.  As I'm usually in armor, without access to my phone, I rarely have the chance to take pictures, and in the last few years I've only seen photos posted once or twice out of dozens of troops. 

I'd like to suggest that the POC for any event take on the responsibility of posting photos of the ISG members participating in the event as part of the Mission Report process, to help promote the ability for us to log these troops and participate in the Troop Tracker.  Seems to be a reasonable task for someone taking responsibility for the troop.  And it would definitely encourage more folks to do the Troop Tracker if we could get past that "show a picture" hurdle. 

POCs already have that responsibility, as they need to include a photo in their mission report when it is filed.  Sometimes it doesn't happen, such as at the Alpine Parade, when the POC was busy juggling droids, costumers and trailers. 

Personally, that is at least part of why I almost always set up a FB messenger group for events.  That way anyone and everyone at the troop has access to any pictures that were taken.  Plus it makes it easier for me to go back and find one for the mission report afterwards.

I like that approach with the FB chat.  Certainly a great practice!  Would love to see something like that incorporated into expected practice. 

Great to know that taking pictures of members participating is part of the POC expectations... would be possible to have them post a link to the mission report where pics are posted, in the original event thread to wrap it up?