Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Scout boot sags under weight of gun

Heights

What mods have you guys done to keep the right boot standing tall? I spoke with another scout who says a strap around leg or perhaps a support of some type inside the boot might work? Any pics of solutions you all use?

I don't really have any left over abs, could I pick up a bendable or thin plastic at a hobby shop or Home Depot?

What about gluing/velcroing in a piece of leftover ABS inside?  I haven't done it, just throwing out ideas.

I don't really have any left over abs, could I pick up a bendable or thin plastic at a hobby shop or Home Depot?

If you go to RIDOUT plastic here in San Diego, you might be able to buy some scrap haircell ABS to use for this, really cheap.

Its on RUFFIN road, just off Clairemont Mesa Blvd.

If you go to RIDOUT plastic here in San Diego, you might be able to buy some scrap haircell ABS to use for this, really cheap.

Its on RUFFIN road, just off Clairemont Mesa Blvd.

that's the plan then, thank you. 

I have/had this issue with my scout as well.  I've done a couple things:

The holster is attached to the boot with rivets, right?  Well I've actually got a few layers involved here.  From outside-in:  Holster-boot-elastic-curvedABS.  This keeps it together, and then the elastic is an elastic strap (leftover armor strapping) that wraps around my leg and attaches to both itself and my suit with velcro. 

Hope that helps!