Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Introduction

lordoftheswfans

Hi everyone! I just wanted to make a post to introduce myself. My name is Crystal, I am 28 and live in El Cajon. I already have my TK kit from ATA Works, but am waiting to start it, as I am in the process of losing a significant amount of weight. I stopped by your table at SDCC yesterday, and decided to create a profile even though I have not done the build yet. I am short for a stormtrooper (5’2”), but won’t let that stop me! I have been a Star Wars fan since 2007 when I read the Young Jedi Knights series at my middle school library, and I haven’t looked back since. I look forward to meeting you all!

• Like 1

Hi Crystal!

Glad to hear that your visit to SDCC has inspired you to sign up!

As you were probably told at the table, the 501st has no height requirements for any character.  You can be a 5'2" stormtrooper or a 6'3" Jawa!  You might just hear "aren't you just a little short to be a stormtrooper?" until your ears bleed though...  ;)

Definitely keep an eye here for upcoming armor party posts!  We would love to see you there and get to know you!  We also ALWAYS need non-costumed assistants at events to keep the costumers who can't see well from wandering into traffic or from dying from dehydration...

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lordoftheswfans said:

Hi everyone! I just wanted to make a post to introduce myself. My name is Crystal, I am 28 and live in El Cajon. I already have my TK kit from ATA Works, but am waiting to start it, as I am in the process of losing a significant amount of weight. I stopped by your table at SDCC yesterday, and decided to create a profile even though I have not done the build yet. I am short for a stormtrooper (5’2”), but won’t let that stop me! I have been a Star Wars fan since 2007 when I read the Young Jedi Knights series at my middle school library, and I haven’t looked back since. I look forward to meeting you all!

Hi Crystal! I think you and I talked? I really enjoyed the conversation. Thank you for setting up an account and introducing yourself! 

• Like 1