New biker scout ready to get started!

Cdydatzigs

Greetings! My uncle is a stormtrooper for the Southern California Garrison, and as I've followed his adventures, I've been more and more inspired to do the same!

A little about me. I currently live in North Park but I grew up in Poway, graduated from San Diego State and have been a professional graphic designer for over 15 years. I spent a decade in Boy Scouts and a handful of years in the Army Reserves after high school; so marching, weapon handling and uniform spec is not foreign to me. :D I am a huge fan of the "other franchise" so my legitimate cosplay experience has been mostly in that realm, though I have dipped into the rebel scum pool and made my own X-Wing flight suit. I even custom made the helmet from a real fighter pilot helmet I acquired when I was a graphic designer on base at Miramar.

So I'm now ready to give the biker scout experience a go and am really excited for this journey! I understand that with COVID the usual meet ups, armor parties and the like are a no-go for now, but any information on what I can start acquiring piece by piece would be a great start I think. With that said, thanks for having me and I look forward to meeting you guys!

-- Steve

Edited by Cdydatzigs
spelling error
  • Like 2

Welcome, Steve!

I know we are already in communications on FB Messenger, and I have you in direct contact with Todd Felton, one of our Biker Scouts, but let me know if I can be of assistance.  Would love to see your x-wing helmet build!

So looking forward to trooping, again, as well as getting together for armor parties, and helping each other.  You will discover that we have a truly amazing group here in the ISG!

Edited by Overlander
  • Like 1