Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

(NC) 2019-10-13, Sun, Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting

PunkRocketScience

Joint 501st/Rebel Legion/Mando Mercs September Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting!!!

DATE: Sunday, October 13, 2019

Time: 10 am to 6 pm

Meeting time:  12:00 pm

Where: Farquhar Home (Directions below)

What to bring:  Tables, Chairs, Pop ups, Projects, Pot luck Food/Beverages to share!

Cadets, friends and family welcome!

Directions Map, and pics of the Farquhar residence:

Address 39537 Jones Road, Fallbrook CA 92028.

***WARNING*** Set your GPS BEFORE YOU LEAVE Fallbrook proper.  Once you're on DeLuz road, cell signal is in and out, and if you get lost, you may not be able to call me (619-459-7686 or Paul 619-865-8411)

If you are coming from Mid/South/East county (different directions for coastal folk, see below):

Get to the 15 Freeway and go north to Mission Road/Fallbrook exit.

At the end of the ramp, turn left and head over the highway.  At the 2nd light, turn right, that's actually Mission Road.   

Follow Mission Road (Watch out, its very very twisty/turny/curvy) all the way into town.  Appx 4.9 Miles.

At the PICO/De Luz Road Light, take a RIGHT turn, and follow that up into the hills of De Luz.  There will be a split off where De Luz and Sandia Creek Split, stay LEFT to stay on De Luz.  From the Pico light, to Daily road, is approximately 6.5 miles.

Turn RIGHT on Daily Road.  Its not marked very well, but you'll see a tannish brick wall that says "De Luz Heights" on it.  (se picture below)

Follow Daily approx 1.5 miles to Jones.  I've attached a map below that shows the Daily/Jones intersection.  If you follow Daily too far, and pass the Fire Station, turn back!

Mine is the SECOND driveway on the right on Jones.  Can't miss it, big yellow house, with an open white gate.  We'll try to put up some club flags on poles to let you know you've hit the right spot.   We can all park down by the trampoline.  We'll gather on the other side of the barn/stable by the trailers/Connex boxes.

Coastal Directions!

Go NORTH on the 5 Freeway, then head EAST on the 76 Freeway.

Follow the 76 Freeway all the way to BONSALL, and then turn north (left) onto South Mission Road to head into Fallbrook. 

Mission Road S will take you through the main section of Fallbrook.  Follow this all the way until you come to where Mission Road turns right an intersection and becomes W mission road... at the very first light (less than a block), turn LEFT on PICO/De Luz Road and head north.  

There will be a split off where De Luz and Sandia Creek Split, stay LEFT to stay on De Luz.  From the Pico light, to Daily road, is approximately 6.5 miles.

Turn RIGHT on Daily Road.  Its not marked very well, but you'll see a tannish brick wall that says "De Luz Heights" on it.  (se picture below)

Follow Daily approx 1.5 miles to Jones.  I've attached a map below that shows the Daily/Jones intersection.  If you follow Daily too far, and pass the Fire Station, turn back!

Mine is the SECOND driveway on the right on Jones.  Can't miss it, big yellow house, with an open white gate.  We'll try to put up some club flags on poles to let you know you've hit the right spot.   We can all park down by the trampoline.  We'll gather on the other side of the barn/stable by the trailers/Connex boxes.

And thank you all from the bottom of my heart.  I can't express how much I love you all for helping, and how much this will decrease my anxiety about fire season this year. <3

image.png

image.png

1 hour ago, Gaanon said:

You know I'll be there.  If it's not cooler weather, I guess I'll be the broiled lobster.  

Hopefully we'll be ready for snap plates on the chest/ab/shoulder pieces by then, if not sooner!  I would love to be doing strapping for the arms by the ap...

• Like 1

Hopefully we'll be ready for snap plates on the chest/ab/shoulder pieces by then, if not sooner!  I would love to be doing strapping for the arms by the ap...

Yup...and sanding down the shoulder on the back to mount the standoffs....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

We are going to support the North County Food Bank's Peanut Butter Drive again this year!  Please bring a jar or two to the armor party for a group donation!  Or if you'd rather donate money directly, you can do so through their website at:

NorthCountyFoodBank.org/PBDrive

Things to remember to bring this Sunday:

POPUPS!  

Chairs/tables/project work.

Food to share -- I am making chicken enchiladas, and tortilla chips and salsa.  Will have some beers in coolers/buckets, and also some sodas.

I do not have a lot of water on hand, so a couple flats are welcome (2 not 10!).

If you have a favorite adult drink, bring it, but plan to stay for a while if you have adult beverage.

For those of you who want limes, bring bags!  If you want to make margaritas with such an open lime source, you're welcome to.  Bring the stuff.  See above comment about driving.

Once we wind down for the day, I have a big patio that we can park chairs on and drink.

We'll work in the horse arena -- its dirt out there, so you can paint on it, I don't care.  Just don't sit on the fence /or get paint on the fence.  :)

October 2019 Meeting Notes

501st

Census time is here!  It runs until Oct. 31st.  Get your annual troop in!

ISG “Golden Boot” Trooper of the Year voting the week between Oct. 13-19!

Fifth Anniversary/Holiday party on November 9th!  Sign up for Secret Santa!

New LFL merch rules and new ISG Logo!

Rebel Legion

Elections have completed!  Scott Diebold is the new BCO and Michelle Waxman is the BXO.

Interest thread is up on the forums for Hazard Squadron canonization patches.

Mando Mercs

Saber Guild

Practices are moving to Friday nights soon! Still same time 8-9 PM, and same location in El Cajon. Search for “Saber Guild recruitment - San Diego, CA  area” on Facebook for more information.

• Thanks 1