Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Looking to begin my 501st membership quest

Guest Daveerwen

Guest Daveerwen

I’ve been looking at trying to join the 501st for some time and held off buying the rubies costume as I’m told it’s a waste. I would be interested in building armor but would definitely like guidance with this and how exactly I can join and build and become apart of what looks like an awesome community. Any help or suggestions on how and where to start is definitely appreciated.

Welcome! 

You have made the right first step... asking for help! We encourage people to take their time to decide which costume is the right one for you. Every costume has it's pluses and minuses. The following link lists all 400+ costumes which have been researched and detailed with descriptions of each part...but more importantly, there is a Detachment link for each group. For instance, if you wanted to build a TIE Pilot, you should go to the Detachment web page https://www.jrs501st.com/  which is where everyone around the world who is trying to build a TIE Pilot should go to find all of the right pieces. 

In addition, we have monthly "Armor Parties" which are a great opportunity for new or prospective members to meet the local troopers and ask them why they picked their costume. 

So ask away! 

How did you learn about the 501st Legion? 

• Like 1

Guest Daveerwen

I learned about the 501st from a YouTube channel that referenced the 501st and began researching more.

Also where can I get more information on the monthly armor parties?

5 hours ago, Guest Daveerwen said:

I learned about the 501st from a YouTube channel that referenced the 501st and began researching more.

Also where can I get more information on the monthly armor parties?

Hi Daveerwen-

Here is the post with information on the March armor party:

The April party will be up in Oceanside on Sunday 4/28.