Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Bucket Comms recommendations

Paul

The First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment forums at whitearmor.net probably have the most info on comm systems, I recommend . I've had this one bookmarked for a while but have never used it. Is this for a Stormtrooper, or other costume? When I joined 3 years ago apps weren't available that did this so I have the physical icomm device that inserts the static bursts into the microphone/speaker system. It's available at http://store.voicebooster.com/icomm-imperial-communication-system/. The company is owned & run by a 501st Legion member who offers discounts to 501st members.

• Like 1

Hi guys,
I'm lookin to add a mike, speakers and trooper chatter/static bursts to my bucket. Any recommendations? I've been looking at TKtalkie v4, any experience using this?

Thanks Guys

Paul

I have TKtalk and have dialed it in for me without much feedback and max volume. Just gotta test it out in armor now. Join the FB forums too to get more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

So I am running an iComm with an Aker 1506 mounted in my chest...so far it’s been very reliable and I’ve not had any feedback issues.  I also tried the TrooperTalk app for iPod and found that although it is versatile I could not reconcile the major feedback issues I kept having.  I would recommend the iComm...

• Like 1

Use a throat mic with the Aker and you'll get almost no feedback unless you're at REAL loud volumes.

I tried a throat mic and found that any movement or sound - such as turning my head or swallowing - would open the channel and cause the icomm to activate a static burst. I didn't care for that so switched to using the headset mic that came with the Aker.