Newbie Beginning the journey to 501st approval

Guest Peasap

Guest Peasap

Hi guys

My armor is finally arriving today (August 24th) after a lengthy wait. It's an Anovos Stormtrooper kit so I'll be beginning to build it asap and would love to meet up with local troopers for advice and support. Long time Star Wars fan, originally from the UK, I've been here since 1999. I look forward to meeting you guys.

Cheers

Paul

Hi Paul!

Welcome to the ISG forums!  Glad to here that Anovos is shipping their TK kits!  Classic TK or First Order?

Our next "armor party" is posted here: 

Stop by and say hello and bring your kit to work on if you like!

@Sithwithdaddyissues can help set you up with a mentor, if you would like to get some help navigating your way through the process of completing your kit and applying for membership.

Guest Peasap

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'll definitely be coming to the Armor party. I'm planning on building a classic TK. As for location I'm in Mira Mesa.

Guest Peasap

Forgot to add, a mentor would be great, this is something completely new to me, so looking forward to building my TK but don't want to screw it up!

Paul and I met briefly yesterday.  We went over his kit (and Manda's).  The good news is the new Anovos kits do not have the belts pre-assembled, so we can save some aggravation on the glue.

I ended up pointing him towards Rob (who lives closer and his protege bailed).

• Like 2

Paul and I met briefly yesterday.  We went over his kit (and Manda's).  The good news is the new Anovos kits do not have the belts pre-assembled, so we can save some aggravation on the glue.
I ended up pointing him towards Rob (who lives closer and his protege bailed).
Awesome guys thank you.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

On 8/26/2018 at 7:53 PM, Balue said:

You are not too far from me, glad to meet up and help you out

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks for stopping by tonight Rob, very much appreciate your insights. I ended up trimming the chest and cod this evening so I have all of the core pieces done, now to work on the extremities.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2018 at 10:55 PM, Paul said:

Thanks for stopping by tonight Rob, very much appreciate your insights. I ended up trimming the chest and cod this evening so I have all of the core pieces done, now to work on the extremities.

Hit me up when you get to the point of needing snaps, use of a snaptool, velcro, webbing (for connections and snap plates), and elastic.  I have a bunch of this stuff I have bought in bulk and happy to sell some of those items to you pretty inexpensively.  I'm also in Mira Mesa and can help out at some point as well if needed.  Been on a bit of a hiatus lately, but trying to get myself reengaged :) 

• Like 1

Hit me up when you get to the point of needing snaps, use of a snaptool, velcro, webbing (for connections and snap plates), and elastic.  I have a bunch of this stuff I have bought in bulk and happy to sell some of those items to you pretty inexpensively.  I'm also in Mira Mesa and can help out at some point as well if needed.  Been on a bit of a hiatus lately, but trying to get myself reengaged  
That would be awesome, much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Work on going. Need to take some pics to show progress. Rob helped me again this week with more trimming and fitting. Going to start gluing a few pieces this weekend. 

Looking for the best place to pick up all the various required rivets and fasteners, any advice appreciated.

Thanks guys, can't wait to get this to a wearable state!

Paul

On 9/8/2018 at 10:37 AM, Paul said:

I got all my snaps and rivets from Amazon. I went with Tandy line24 snaps and their cap rivets. If you want to buy them locally, Tandy has stores in Chula Vista and RB.

Work on going. Need to take some pics to show progress. Rob helped me again this week with more trimming and fitting. Going to start gluing a few pieces this weekend. 

Looking for the best place to pick up all the various required rivets and fasteners, any advice appreciated.

Thanks guys, can't wait to get this to a wearable state!

Paul

1 minute ago, Sithwithdaddyissues said:

Paul hope you can make the armor party this Sunday. Would love to see your progress and meet you.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Definitely Shane, Rob has been helping me a ton. I'm starting to glue pieces together. Looking forward to meeting everyone at the armor party.

• Like 1