Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

ATA vrs MTK Armor

Koryu1212(Dan D)

I am trying to decide between the two, and was wondering what the major difference is?  I have only seen Victor Silva's Sandtrooper set (ATA), and was impressed with the thickness and sturdiness of the kit, which appeals to me since I'm used to wearing around 75lbs of combat armor...Is that weird? LOL

From searching the 'net, I have discovered that MTK is .070 thick, but from looking (drooling more like it) over Victors kit the ATA seems a lot more robust.  If anyone coming to the Armor Party on Sunday has an MTK kit, that would be helpful since I will be there with Kris Haugh briefing you all in preparation of the Air Show.

Any insight would be helpful.

Dan

My TK is ATA.  I believe @DaygoErm has an MTK.  The question you need to ask is how long do you want to wait for your kit?  Both are definitely approvable.  ATA you're looking at waiting over a year to get it.  MTK you can get a lot faster and it's sourced locally, so you might even be able to pick it up and save the shipping.  As long as you have the standard body type, I'd go with the MTK instead.

Let me know if you're going to be at the Armor Build this Sunday and I'll bring my kit with me if you'd like to take a look.

Brian

Like he said above. I went with MTK due to wait times and sourced locally. Plus a lot of your supplies can be picked up from them too. I paid for convenience you can say. but the armor looks great and holds up well. You’ll like it! Let us know if you do go the MTK route, we can connect you to the source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk