Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Total n00b

Guest mrjoshua

Guest mrjoshua

Howdy. 

My name's Josh, I'm a San Diego native. Currently living in Spring Valley, but really close to La Mesa and Lemon Grove. Honestly though I'm used to driving all over CA for work, so traveling isn't a big deal.

I've been wanting to learn how to build my own armor, and join the ranks of the 501st for quite some time. I never miss a 501st panel at SDCC, or in last year's case, Celebration Anaheim. 

I've been hesitant because I am (was) a REALLY big guy, but was finally able to afford a weight loss program this year and lost a significant amount of weight so far, and still going. My inspiration was to join the 501st!

I'd really be interested in being paired up with a current member to show me the ropes... are you still doing that?!

I'm leaning towards a TFA trooper, a clone/clone scout, biker scout, or the ever classic ANH trooper. 

Would really love some feedback. It'd be a dream come tue!

Thank you so much for your time, and all the amazing things you do!

I look forward to hearing from you all!

- Josh

Welcome Josh!

Biker Scouts would be the most forgiving for larger troopers, followed by the standard TK (one of the larger kits (AM2.0 would be the best). TFA Trooper or Clones would be less forgiving.

We do have a sponsor program. Paul Farquhar (darthpaul73@gmail.com) is in charge of that. Feel free to reach out.

Welcome Josh!  Don't worry about size, I'm a BIG girl myself, and that doesn't stop me from having several 501st costumes!  Royal Guard, Shadow Scout, Jawa and Tusken.  Plus I've got a mando in progress and also several Rebel Legion costumes.  Just have fun with it!

Our sponsor coordinator would love to hear from you!

Thanks so much!

I'll go ahead and shoot an email over to the sponsor coordinator... I can't wait to get started! Maybe come hang out at troop events even. ;)

As far as forum access, does that come after armor approval?

- Josh

It was great meeting everyone at the party!

Thanks so much for making me feel welcome, and all the fantastic tips! (PLEASE keep 'em coming!)

Friend/add me on all the social medias if you are so inclined @mrjoshua79

Really looking forward to getting involved.

- Josh

• 4 months later...