Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Interested In Joining This Hobby

Guest Andrew

Hey all!  My name is Andrew and I just moved back to San Diego (Mission Bay/Clairemont area).  I am interested in not only joining this garrison, but this entire hobby as a whole. Just wondering where to begin in purchasing some quality armor and ultimately being able to join you all!  Looking for any and all advice!

So that sort of depends on what kind of armor/costume you are looking at doing.  Each of the different armor groupings has a separate detachment forum that you can find a wealth of information from.  I'm relatively new myself, but here is what I would recommend.

1) Go to 501st.com and under "Costuming" you'll see Costume Reference Library (CRL).  This will help you visually look through different costumes from different detachments to see what you want to build and which forums you should join.  If its classic Stormtrooper armor you are looking for, then the detachment is the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (FISD).

2) Go to the desired detachment, register an account, and start reading through the information available.  There is a crazy amount of information and help available in those forums.

3) Attend one of our build parties local in San Diego.  That was probably one of the best early resources for me was just getting to meet some of the local garrison members and get an idea of where I wanted to start.

Great to have you and feel free to ask any questions.