Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Hello from Vista

Bane531

Hello everyone, my name is Matthew johns. I have been starting my journey to join the 501st with the help of a great friend of mine and 501st member. I have yet to actually start on any kits as i have no idea where to begin but i was pointed towards this garrison! i look forward to meeting you all!

Hello everyone, my name is Matthew johns. I have been starting my journey to join the 501st with the help of a great friend of mine and 501st member. I have yet to actually start on any kits as i have no idea where to begin but i was pointed towards this garrison! i look forward to meeting you all!

Welcome to the party. Lots of great people and resources here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Matthew!

I'm up in your neck of the woods (I'm in Oceanside, but work in Vista) and happy to help with any questions you might have.  Have you decided on a costume you'd like to work on?  With that info, I can definitely help point you in the right direction!

11 minutes ago, PunkRocketScience said:

Hi Matthew!

I'm up in your neck of the woods (I'm in Oceanside, but work in Vista) and happy to help with any questions you might have.  Have you decided on a costume you'd like to work on?  With that info, I can definitely help point you in the right direction!

Thats not far at all! im currently also saving for a wedding so i was going to start small with the TIE reserve then slowly build more and more

1 minute ago, Bane531 said:

Thats not far at all! im currently also saving for a wedding so i was going to start small with the TIE reserve then slowly build more and more

A TIE reserve is a great starting point and all of the components can be used for other costumes...  It is kind of a Swiss Army Knife of a costume!  With additions, it can become a full TIE pilot, Death Star gunner or a few other costumes!  It is practically identical to the Bridge Crew, so most people get that approval at the same time. 

For those, I would recommend visiting the Imperial Officer Corps and the Jolly Roger Squadron detachments for more information that you could possible want.  At the top of the ISG forums, you should see a drop down for "Detachments" that will get you there!

Also, I see your request to join the ISG private Facebook group.  That page is reserved for approved members only, but you can join the Imperial Sands Recruit Depot page here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2347013798891383/  

10 minutes ago, PunkRocketScience said:

A TIE reserve is a great starting point and all of the components can be used for other costumes...  It is kind of a Swiss Army Knife of a costume!  With additions, it can become a full TIE pilot, Death Star gunner or a few other costumes!  It is practically identical to the Bridge Crew, so most people get that approval at the same time. 

For those, I would recommend visiting the Imperial Officer Corps and the Jolly Roger Squadron detachments for more information that you could possible want.  At the top of the ISG forums, you should see a drop down for "Detachments" that will get you there!

Also, I see your request to join the ISG private Facebook group.  That page is reserved for approved members only, but you can join the Imperial Sands Recruit Depot page here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2347013798891383/  

ok! I tried that one as it was the only one i found ill apply to this one