Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

New and want to start

Mach3mav

Hi All,

I joined months ago but got super busy with work and my 1 year old who is now almost 2.  Anyway he is now obsessed with Star Wars to my delight.  I now want to get to building my trooper kit.  I have read a lot but would like so recommendations on what kits they think are best?  I am 6ft and 210 lbs athletic build.  I really like the sand troopers but I think keeping simple for my first build would be best.  Any thoughts? 

Thanks in advance!

Corey

For your size, I’d probably go with an AM kit. I’ve got one myself. It comes with plenty of extras. There’s a lot of common building between an ANH Stunt and a Sandy. Sandy has some different parts and of course, the weathering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

501st doesn’t exactly “vet” armor or vendors. They’ll keep an eye out for known problems and will sometimes say a certain maker is not approvable. But that’s about it. Most armor can be approved, but that depends on you, and the assembly. Even if you buy a premade, previously approved kit from someone else, that’s no guarantee it will be approved for you.

We’ve got some folks in the garrison with WTF kits. He makes a good screen accurate kit. Two problems, in my experience he’s slow to deliver. I’ve had to pester him repeatedly on orders well past he promised delivery time. Although I think if you get in when he’s doing a “run” it might be better. More importantly though, I think you’ll end up too tall for his kit.

If you’re on Facebook, look up Star Wars Kit Finders (buy, sell, trade, discuss). You can find AM selling directly in there. Best part is they’re up in LA and typically have kits on hand. When I ordered min, I placed the order on a Sunday and had it in hand that Tuesday.

While you’re at it, ask AM if he has any boots in your size. Hands down they make the best out there but due to competition from China they stopped. They may still have a few sizes on hand.

Any time.

Three places you want to make sure you look: The CRL whether you go ANH Stunt or Sandy, that’s your build guide; www.whitearmor.net, that’s the detachment for Stormtroopers; and www.mepd.net, the detachment for Sandtroopers. Follow the detachments for build advice and info.

• Like 1