Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Lobster time

Gaanon

Let’s see if I can finally keep up with a build thread.

Starting a new build. PLENTY more photos to come!

eOrKgXy.jpg

Box full of goodies

Jvq8wyY.jpg

“Mando” variant helmet

TyndHXK.jpg

fv0JN5z.jpg

Samurai variant helmet

I’m still going to get the knight for options.

Mando helmet is much smaller than the samurai. Previous owner resin coated the inside of the kit to help deal with the fiberglass. I’m still getting bit but I’m not sure if that’s from the inside or out. Only major issue so far is the waistband piece is to small. So that’s going to need some creative sintra work. And that will be my first time working with it. The kit also came with boots and gloves. Boots are not accurate, but they fit and won’t be seen. Also came with a pair of gloves that should be approvable but they’re a tad small. I might be able to make them work, depending on the sleeves. If they can stay tucked under the sleeves we’ll call it good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It’s been a while. Here’s some more photos.

VWzW1cW.jpg

Back plate

CMTfhRs.jpg

Chest Plate

SsLoIEt.jpg

75nAqfR.jpg

aiM7ICw.jpg

YkzQ5aB.jpg

Better photos of the Mando helmet

NibIFZr.jpg

Lower chest section

GeJ5Odc.jpg

Lower back section

Leslie gave me some nice fabric that matches the pattern on the leg material. Too bad I don’t have a pattern for pants and I’m really a novice at sewing. So I found a tutorial online and made a pattern.

cYvSr3K.jpg

First test pattern.

I transferred it to some muslin and sewed it up. I’ll save you the unsightly details, but it was a pair of pants that didn’t fit quite well.

So I took what I learned and got some pattern fabric and made a second one, slightly larger.

jRsjQTZ.jpg

I’ve still got more muslin. I’ll hopefully test this version out this weekend.

Aside from this I’ve already got: snaps, poly webbing, elastic, felt, and some plastic dip spray. I’ve also got Velcro and XTC3D on the way.

I think all I have left to get is skirt fabric, paints (primer, paint, clear coat), and the shirt.

By build plan is:

Finish prepping the inside.

Go as far as priming the outside.

Fitting and assembly.

Fix any exposed fiberglass from fitting.

Paint outside.

Add felt inside to protect the paint.

Hopefully that will get me there. It’s a lot of work in a little time. I was able to rough sand most of the pieces at the last AP. All that’s left is one arm and the waist section. Then fine sand and remove a few knots of resin I saw on the outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1