Help Needed from a New Member

RonyDarkwalker

Greetings Gents,

My name is Jared from San Diego (Hillcrest) and I am looking to become an Imperial Officer (Captain). I am trying to have my costume completed before the Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim which is in April. I've been following your Costume Reference Library pretty closely and I am almost done with my olive uniform, but I am having trouble with a few items:

• Where can buy some legitimate English riding (dress) boots or Equestrian boots?
  • Also, I might get some leather gloves, but again not sure where to buy?
  • Lastly, I ordered a rank bar from this website called Bonanza. The photos looked legit but I'm afraid it will take too long to get. Do you know where to buy ranked bars, or how to make them yourself?

I was told that you guys would be my correct garrison to join. So once I have completed everything from my uniform, and take a photo of it, I am unsure where to go after that? Do I just upload it here?

- Thanks in advance,

j

Hi Jared-

Glad to have you with us!  Yes, we would be your local garrison.  Have you checked with the Imperial Officer Corps Detachment forums?  Here is a link to their website:

www.imperialofficer.com

Once you have your costume ready, here is a link with the procedure for getting approved:

http://imperialsandsgarrison.com/join-us/

I completed my IO last year and as far as boots go, I actually had some already from another costume. I got mine on eBay as do a lot of people. There are "go-to" sources, but for what you need...if you go to those sources for nice leather boots...you'll need to spend a grip of cash. Scour eBay, look for equestrian supply stores for used boots ( we have that up here in Fallbrook) or you can try these. I cannot vouch for quality but they are decently priced for reproduction WW2 German Riding boots (which is what Imperial Officers were loosely based on).  http://www.hessenantique.com/Riding_Boots_p/2116510.htm

Definitely use the IOC forum though. Plenty of resources and possibly some used boots in the for sale section.

Welcome!

I second (third?) that you should go to the IOC Forum. If it's like any other forum you can usually post a photo of what you are thinking of buying and they can chime in on whether they think it would be approvable. It will save you from many "oops" purchases.