Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Hello

Guest Nopsi

Guest Nopsi

Hello everyone, A friend of mine is a member and told me about all the great things the 501st does and I am exited to get started!  

Guest Nopsi

Hello, thank you for the welcome and approving my account!  I was originally interested in a stormtrooper costume.  However, I had no idea how many variations there are and how many considerations there are to choosing a costume.  So I thought I would continue my research and take in everyone's opinions and experiences before making a decision.

Here is a link to the Costume Reference Library (or CRL).  It lists all of the requirements for approval for all of the currently approved costumes.

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLbydetachment

And if you want to do a character that isn't listed, you can always be the one who helps create the CRL for that costume and be the first in the Legion to be approved.

Our next armor party and meeting will be April 28th in Oceanside, with the May one being somewhere around the middle of the month.

If you're considering a Stormtrooper, also be sure to join the First Imperial Stormtrooper Detachment (www.whitearmor.net).  They can help point you in the right direction with vendors that sell quality costumes and components.  If you can make it to the Armor Party on the 28th, I'll be bringing a stormtrooper kit I'm working on (ANH Stunt).

One option, our local vendor, Trooperbay, just posted on Facebook that he may offer classes on vacuforming.  During the class you'll "pull" your own TK armor using his molds.  For the price he's offering, it's a pretty good deal.

• Like 1