Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

ESB Vader - WIP

Kuhlio

Hello, all. It was suggested that I post some updates regarding my plans for an ESB Vader build I am working on to get feedback from the garrison in addition to any feedback I receive from the helpful folks over on SLD. The route I am going is to use recommended parts from established vendors over there, but here's the list of major components I've either already purchased or plan to.

Helmet/Shoulder Armor - Bookface/Darth Ugly (Received)
Shins - Korbanth ABS (Received)
Cape -  Custom Props Premium Wool (Ordered)
Codpiece - Artisan Props (Wait list)
Bodysuit - CP two piece (Ordered)
Inner Robes - Custom Props (Ordered)
Boots - Chippewas (Received)
Gloves - Fenix Props with third panel/gusset (Received)
Belt - Artisan Props (Received)
Belt Boxes - DarkSide (Received)
Chest Box - DarkSide (Wait list)
Buckle - Fenix Props (Received)
Saber - MR 2005 (Received)
Saber Hook - Wanna Wanga (Received)

While I do understand that much of the approval process goes beyond the actual parts, and making sure everything is worn and fit correctly for accuracy, I would be interested to know if anyone can cite any concerns over the vendor list. Based on feedback received over on SLD, they've expressed no worries over the path I'm on, but as I was reminded, they're not the ones approving me. Can any of you spot anything that I should reconsider?

Thanks so much in advance and Happy Star Wars Day! 

Thanks, Dean. I will be sure to work with them as I have been and begin including more information here. Right now I'm in a holding pattern until the helmet and armor get completed.

So I've received a few more parts for this costume build, including a buckle of unknown origin. It seems to fit CRL criteria, but given that the prop make can't be identified, I would like some opinions if possible.

Dean, or anyone else knowledgeable, what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

IMG_20160526_193245609_zpsore0fuq6.jpg

My helmet came in the other day and I am getting down to the short strokes with regard to having all of the components for this costume in hand. It looks like the chest box will be the long wait if I stick with my chosen vendor, where I estimate I'm still 9 months out. Another vendor can 3D print the parts on demand, but they're a kit and I'm not sure if my painting skills are up to the task of making it look right. Combine that with the added expense and I'm in a bit of a quandary, but we'll see how it goes.

• 3 months later...

Just a quick note for everyone that I am quite close to getting things finalized with this build. I have to get my cape hemmed, add some pleats on the robe and finish my chest box.

I would anticipate submitting for approval sometime by end of February.

Any advice on that would be most welcome.

Thanks, all!

48 minutes ago, Kuhlio said:

Just a quick note for everyone that I am quite close to getting things finalized with this build. I have to get my cape hemmed, add some pleats on the robe and finish my chest box.

I would anticipate submitting for approval sometime by end of February.

Any advice on that would be most welcome.

Thanks, all!

Thats GREAT news!  

Have you talked to our GML  yet on submission?

I have not yet. I figure garrison leadership is pretty busy and didn't want to jump the gun or start a conversation like that prematurely.

I have been highly interactive on the Sith Lord Detachment forum and working closely with the other Vaders there every step of the way.

When/how would you recommend getting in touch with the GML?

Thanks to you both.

The only question I have at the moment is a clarification on the email address. Lesley provided one that is different than the one in the thread Dean provided. Do I send the pictures to both?

53 minutes ago, Kuhlio said:

Thanks to you both.

The only question I have at the moment is a clarification on the email address. Lesley provided one that is different than the one in the thread Dean provided. Do I send the pictures to both?

Either email address will get there.

• 3 months later...

Good evening, all.

Not my official submission pics, but for anyone interested, here's a quick preview of things now that I have everything together. I know there are some alignment and lighting issues which I will address for the actual submission. I expect to get the pics taken tomorrow so we have decent lighting and hopefully sent in before the end of the weekend provided the good folks over on the SLD or you here don't find anything glaring.

19986_zpso15jx6oe.jpeg

Good luck! I know our GML will want good photos of all individual parts and photos of like your body suit without capes. Double check the thread on submission photos found on THIS forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, submitted photos this weekend!

Now for the suspenseful wait... The irony of the patience needed to build a Vader costume and now for word back on the approval has never been lost on me given the general lack of patience exhibited by most Siths.