Hello from Eastlake

Guest JediOutcast

Guest JediOutcast

Hello to all, Richard here,  Star Wars fan. I'm evolving my Kylo Ren Costume.  Doing more research, found this site, can't wait to post and get some feedback from my fellow fans.  My xcoser inner and outer tunic etc should be here in another week or two.  Not sure how its going to work out.  I requested a custom, more accurate hood, etc, we will see.  Still need a few tweaks to things to be 501st compliant.  Still tweaking my voice changer helmet as well. Hope to wear it all to SWTOR, Star Wars Cantina next year at comicon.  I saw some incredible costumes there last year.   Researching Sabine's Madalorian gear, Ashoka and Rey for my kids too. LOL  FYI: Got email from Hasbro yesterday about Black series force fx lightsaber blue Luke/Rey version in stock, by the time I read it they were sold out again LOL, said they may have more in a few weeks.  Just venting, been trying to get one since Dec.   I already have my Kylo version. :)  Heelo and Thanks to all.

Hey Richard! The idea of having a Kylo in the garrison is awesome. Loved him in the movies and feel he has a ton of untapped potential. I'm in the process of waiting for TFA trooper armor to go on sale so I can hop on it, so assuming we both get approved, I'll most likely be one of your bodyguards

Welcome Richard! Nice to see you are from Eastlake. I live here, and a few more do too. We also have a member who lives between houses in Imperial Beach and Riverside and she ( yes she ) has an incredible Kylo costume she made herself. She even wore it to the World Premier in Hollywood!

Be sure to check out the Sith Lord web page if you haven't already. 

http://www.501stsithlords.com

It sounds like you might have found the costume reference library listing for Kylo but here it is in case you haven't. 

http://databank.501st.com/databank/Kylo_Ren

NIce,  thanks for the welcomes.

Ive been looking at Shane Holly's Acces  thread as well on his Kylo Ren kit, it looks awesome and very accurate.

Also Dawn Brights work and videos, great info.

Yes I'm now trying to work/build to the library page specs on all the Kylo details. http://databank.501st.com/databank/Kylo_Ren

Harder than you would think, but I'm getting closer. One piece at a time.

Haven't solved the mid coat issue yet either...  and Need to find a good light saber belt clip, maybe on ebay or etsy.

I'm using a wool buff for the neck seal for now. 

Probably will have to remove collar from inner tunic once I get it, since collar is supposed to be on mid coat.  Though its not really seen with wrap/scarf/cape/hood etc.

My wife said she might help with some sewing expertise.  3D printing would help as well.

I have a friend looking into a custom designed sith mask etc, also the Anovo armor sets, look awesome and expensive LOL.

Cant wait to see one of you with the full set.

That's it for now, promised to take the kids n dog to dog beach...

I'll try posting some pics later, not sure what the limits are

Hi Richard,

I'm a Royal guard, I live here in Eastlake too. Maybe we can carpool from time to time.

We are working on the husband's royal guard, and he has clone trooper armor as well, not yet modified for approval.

Bexandredcosplay on Facebook or bexandredcosplay.com to learn more about us.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Ahh thank you admin,  Kylo has more access to forums now...  :) 

Thanks BexandRedCosplay  I'll look up your info etc  sounds fun.

Now I can see the calender too.  So I'll have to figure out an event I can attend (observe).  Maybe the convention coming up.

Got confirmation, more Kylo stuff shipped yesterday, from xcoser/Shenzhen/Mask Legend/Amazon.  yippee 

Testing reduced pic posting...  sans photobucket

KyloAvatar2.jpg

BeltSamall.jpg

Ahh it worked..

Ugh just saw Anovos Kylo ren kit for $2K ...ugh that's not gonna happen :(

I better start working on sewing skills..  I'm still in the early stages of this sickness..

Better stop editing this post and go to bed now :)

Hey Richard. FYI, that helmet (Hasbro Black Series) will need some significant modifications prior to approval (seams filled, speaker grill holes filled, lens replaced or covered, repainting), and that belt/buckle is not acceptable for membership.

Please reach out to me at gml.imperialsands@gmail.com and I can give you some guidance.

Thanks. --Dean

• 2 weeks later...

More musings...

Got my xcoser kit this week.  A big step up from my original Halloween costume LOL

Yes I realize it all still need lots of work to get to compliant.

Been researching, reading the posts on Sith Lord Detachments Kylo Ren Forum etc.

Yes I will start a WIP thread there at some point.

Need to work on my photography as its hard to get good pics of black on black stuff.  Going to try better camera with better resolution and sunlight or dark backdrop at night with good lighting and better flash..  Been discussing this with my friend the photographer.  Good pIcs really help me.

Still need to find best black basket weave Monk Cloth with correct weave size and sheen.  maybe fabric.com

https://www.fabric.com/buy/0266513/60-monks-cloth-black

I want to work on my hood and scarf next as the xcoser one is far from the correct shape etc.

Inner tunic is awesome though.

Need to learn how to wax/treat cloth,  maybe order some waxed denim pants on amazon too.

Great ref pics here from the new $2600 Anovos Kylo Ren "Ensemble"

http://www.anovos.com/products/star-wars-the-force-awakens-kylo-ren-costume-ensemble-with-helmet-pre-order

Just posting an update to keep myself motivated.  No more analysis necessary at this point.

I started on my Kylo a while back, but it's painstaking if you are doing the pleated portions yourself. It will be a while, but the wife and I are chipping away at it now that my boy's Rugby season is winding down.

On another note, I'm going to work on the Knight of Ren that people are calling "Grenadeface" at this point. I know it's not approvable, but I think it would be a cool compliment to a Kylo Ren.

image2.JPG

image1.JPG