Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Doopy Doos E11 Blaster Kit

So I just purchased this Kit, I'm hoping it gets here in time for me to try to build it and have it approved before the "Discover the Desert" event. But, it looks like it's coming from the UK cause I bought it in pounds. My questions are, how many of you have bought this particular kit and how was your experience with it? Pretty tough build? How long did it take for it to reach our beloved garrison area? I really wanted a Hyperfirm one so I can sport it for our desert event. But no luck with several site sources. The Doopy Doo is my get around the problem solution for my elusive E11 blaster that I can't seem to find. I was even considering the Hasbro conversion, but it looks like a tough build to make it look movie quality for approval. Well, that was my investment today for the Empire.

Respectfully,

TD-95050

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I used a DD upgrade kit for my Hasbro blaster.  It went together pretty easily.  Haven't built one of their full kits, but would think it should be about the same.  It had a few bubbles in the resin that needed to be filled with glazing putty, but nothing too challenging.  Chop off a couple of the old parts, epoxy on the new ones.  Fill, primer, paint.

If memory serves (it was a number of years ago), it took at least a several weeks, if not longer, to get to me.  I have heard tales of it taking quite a bit longer than that though.

• Like 1

I've got a full DD kit as well.  Still in the build process.  If you're short on time, I agree going the Hyperfirm route or another prebuilt version.  Look over the E-11 build threads on FISD.  Lots of info there and many recommended upgrades to the kit.  Keep in mind the DD kit does not come with the scope rail or the counter bracket.  You'll have to source/build those yourself.  At least it didn't when I purchased mine.

• Like 2

Even though I bought the DD conversion kit, still waiting for that thing to come from the UK. But I did just get an E11 B Grade blaster from hyperfirm that alot of you suggested. Thanks for the help and info Troopers!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dirty-Dirty said:

Even though I bought the DD conversion kit, still waiting for that thing to come from the UK. But I did just get an E11 B Grade blaster from hyperfirm that alot of you suggested. Thanks for the help and info Troopers!

good choice. Turn the DD one into an accurate one for SWAT.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, djrue said:

good choice. Turn the DD one into an accurate one for SWAT.

only reason I say that is because I have an unbuilt dd kit with the correct parts for swat but it's been sitting in a box for years.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
only reason I say that is because I have an unbuilt dd kit with the correct parts for swat but it's been sitting in a box for years.
What do you use to glue the DD parts, I can't seem to get a definitive answer in multiple forums. Unless you know a link to video tutorial. I've been looking off and on now for weeks. Been going to field alot since the year started, but I really need to get it done. I received my hyperfirm grade b E11 last month. I still need to get it approved with Dean to troop with. Plus I also want my backpack so I can troop with that as well. Mabuhay pare.

What do you use to glue the DD parts, I can't seem to get a definitive answer in multiple forums. Unless you know a link to video tutorial. I've been looking off and on now for weeks. Been going to field alot since the year started, but I really need to get it done. I received my hyperfirm grade b E11 last month. I still need to get it approved with Dean to troop with. Plus I also want my backpack so I can troop with that as well. Mabuhay pare.

CA glue would work. You could also use a 2 part epoxy or liquid nails.

Here's a handy glue chart that someone shared...
98e0934951ea368cb4034b959e8be003.jpg
  • Like 2

I would use CA glue for plastic, with 2 part epoxy a close second. And whenever possible, drill and pin the parts together, with nails, dowels, whatever.. It can keeps the parts from shearing off due to impact.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stutz said:

I would use CA glue for plastic, with 2 part epoxy a close second. And whenever possible, drill and pin the parts together, with nails, dowels, whatever.. It can keeps the parts from shearing off due to impact.

I can attest to the need for this.  The counter box on the side of my Hyperfirm E-11 came off in a drop test (yes I thought it was invincible, I learned otherwise).  And just recently the bipod on the front of my Hyperfirm DLT-19 came off.  So its time to drill some holes and dowel it together.

This isn't anything against hyperfirms, I love them.  Just if something does happen, the "pin it" route is a good one to take.

• 1 month later...

Hey any of you fellow Sandies part of MEPD? Just wondering if the basic approval or upgraded modifications to your TD armor is worth it? Can you still join MEPD with a basic approval? All I have currently is Armor and hyperfirm Bgrade E11 blaster, still working on getting the Sgt backpack right now (feel alittle plain without it). But as soon as I get that pack I will start trooping. I'm getting more time from work to devote to the garrison more. I still have to go to the field, but I have reached my peak at my command and have all the qualifications needed, so really I'm just coasting till I retire in 2 1/2 years from now. Just wanted to know what you all thought about approval into MEPD, plus I want the shirts/hoodies/patches and swag from it. Being a Sandie and all.

Yes, you can be a member of the Detachment with basic approval. See instructions below.

To be SWAT, etc. you need to follow the Level 2/Level 3 options in the Sandtrooper CRL. I'm personally happy with basic approval, mostly because I don't like the rubber gloves. Whether it's worth it or not is 100% a personal decision. The only thing you get out of it is personal satisfaction, and occasionally some special swag through the detachment. There is plenty of "basic" swag without getting approved as L2/L3.

Glad to hear you'll be able to join us more soon. Don't let lack of a backpack hold you back. Most of us regularly troop without them, and they are awkward in crowds.

---------

• Visit the detachment and create an account. 
• Once you have an account, request 501st Access though the detachment forum. This will get you access to additional 501st-only areas of the forum, and may get you access to detachment-specific merchandise, such as coins or patches.
• On your membership profile on the main 501st forum (Membership DB > Your Profile Data > Your Unit Affiliation), request membership in the detachment. Once approved this will allow you to vote on detachment leadership in the annual Legion elections (as long as you stay active on the forums). Note that your membership may only be approved just prior to election time. Check with the detachment leadership if you have any questions.

• Like 2