TB-21738 requesting access

Guest Shada

Thanks for the welcome, everyone, 

We're doing a family trip to LA, San Diego and San Francisco over the next few weeks, so I'm keen to meet up with some fellow 501st members while I'm in the US. I don't have room to bring my armour and troop, but have packed my Pathfinders race shirt and a handful of trading cards, badges and challenge coins to swap.

We're in San Diego from January 6-10 and so far plan to visit the zoo, Legoland and Sea World - I'd welcome any suggestions of other cool places to visit or things to do.

Would anyone be keen to join us for a drink and/or dinner on the evening of January 8th? We're staying on Hotel Circle North, so something near that would be great. 

Thanks and I hope to meet a few of you in my travels.

Brian

LzFDJls.jpg

- I'm the Scout, my eldest son is the Mando and my youngest is the Jawa.

Welcome and hope you guys enjoy your trip!

Hotel Circle is a good central location also about 5 minutes from me. Those three places are a great list of some of the key attractions we have here. Our family goes to Sea World on a regular basis. Balboa Park is a nice place to visit and is where the Zoo is located. There are some great museums and historic sites to view there. There are some nice waterfront places to visit like Coronado, down town by the USS Midway and Sea Port Village.

Meeting up sounds great and I should be able to meet up for a drink on the 8th, there are plenty of places not far from where you are.  

Hi all

We made it to San Diego yesterday and will be at the Zoo/Balboa Park today. I'm still keen to catch up tomorrow night - would sometime around 6:30 work for you?

Todd - it's likely we'll do Legoland on Tuesday, aiming to get there in the morning. I'm assuming it's not something that takes a full day so could try to catchup around lunchtime if that works for you.

Brian

Where is good for a drink and/or dinner? We're at the Handelry on Hotel Circle N, so are near Fashion Town (?) mall, but I've heard Old Town is good for food. My cell phone is (323) 630 6210 if its easier to text during the day.

Hey Brian-

My work schedule looks reasonably open tomorrow, so my lunch is somewhat flexible.  Legoland is about 15 minutes from my work, so let me know when you are looking at heading out.  My cell number is 858-231-2579.  Texting or calling is fine.  If I can't answer, leave me a voicemail and I'll get back to you.

Hey Brian, as Todd mentioned Old Town is a great place for Mexican food. Fashion Valley mall and the areas around have other restaurant types.

Any preferences on your end or anything you are interested in?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

We’re happy to try Mexican in Old Town, preferably something family friendly (we eat burritos and tacos in NZ but I suspect ours are at the mild end of the flavour spectrum)

our plans changed today when we realised Legoland isn’t open tomorrow, so we’re at Legoland now, which means we won’t be able to catch up with Todd at lunch - but still keen to see you tonight if you can make it.

Great to meet you tonight, Rob. And thanks for the patches and restaurant recommendation.
KaySkEo.jpg

Like wise Brian, great meeting you and your family. And thank you for the patches and coin! Hope you enjoyed the dinner and setting. Also thank you very much for the passes they will go to good use.

Hope you guys have a wonderful rest of your trip and safe travels.

Keep in touch.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Shada said:

our plans changed today when we realised Legoland isn’t open tomorrow, so we’re at Legoland now, which means we won’t be able to catch up with Todd at lunch - but still keen to see you tonight if you can make it.

Ah, bummer!  Didn't see your post until this morning...  :(
But no worries!  Today would have not been a good day to do Legoland with the rain! (Thanks for bringing it with you!  We needed it!)  Hopefully we can meet next time.