Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Help crossing the finish line!

Stephan

Hello! I have been working on my Anovos original trilogy stormtrooper armor for more than a year and I have finally accepted I don't have the time to finish. My wife works weekends and I have to entertain my 5 year old. I'm hoping someone can help me finish the armor and I am absolutely willing to pay a fee for their time. Please feel free to message me if interested. Currently, it's been precut but my workmanship is not great and it needs to be tailored to my body. Hope someone can me out and they can make extra funds before the holidays! Thanks for reading!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

Brian and I have been meeting up for the last few weeks and wanted to get feedback from the group if possible on the process we have been making. Please see the attached images and please provide feedback, thanks in advance!

https://jinx.box.com/s/w0wsrhi6c84fdwsrq4quz52a2tvlsirt

Edited by Stephan

The fit is definitely improving. Make sure when you do your final fitting, you wear an undersuit vs. street clothes. It will affect the fit.

I can't see enough detail to see if you have addressed the craftsmanship issues yet, but make sure you are getting your lines straight, and repairing the stray cuts, etc. as you go along.

Glad to see you are making progress!

I've been working with Stephan to help get him up to speed.  We met Yesterday for progress pics and test fittings.  Here's where we are:

w7DemeY.jpg

Clips are there to help line up the thighs and how they will attach to the belt.  They are not attached yet in this pic so the thighs are lower than they probably should be.  E6000 is drying now.  This is a change from the Anovos strapping which attached the thighs to the ab plate via snaps.

iPFmxYZ.jpg

We switched out from the Anovos velcro to elastic and snap plates all around.  

PkAvCn3.jpg

Straps will be added this week to make sure the kidney and ab plate line up.  There should be very minimal gap (if any) when we're done.  

J4J1vzP.jpg

I goofed.  I put the lower legs on the wrong side.  That'll be hard to goof up when we reattach the sniper plate.

We've got new gloves so he's more comfortable, new cloth belt is being assembled this week.  Biceps should be done this week and we'll be adding a hook to them for the shoulder bell strap.  Otherwise, you can see where we'll be trimming the forearms and thighs to fit.  We'll address any issues with the lower legs after the thighs are done. 

Comments?  Critiques?  How we doin?

Edited by Gaanon
Added more content.

Looking good!

• Butt and kidney are flaring out too wide. They should be more form fit to his body. May require heat shaping.

• Make sure the calves are sized properly to fit OVER his boots vs on top of them.

• Any gap between the ab and the kidney should be straight vs. angled as much as possible (pic 3)

• You already caught the calf switch. Openings should face the inside of the body.

Keep up the good work!

Thanks, Dean!

I'm hoping once we install strapping from kidney to ab that should take care of the flaring and gap.  Ideally, there will be zero gap.  His physique should allow for it.  That's being installed now and we should have more pics up Sunday or Monday at the latest.  

Let’s see if I can manage to get this all done through the apps.
Stephan and I met again today and here’s the progress:
8dImkbK.jpg
After the photo was taken, we glued on the rivet covers. We’ll glue on the right outer drop box, but I’m thinking of adjusting the left. Riding a tad high. Also glued on the last forearm cover strip.
U2PtRQq.jpg
NBEiijb.jpg
Ab plate and kidney join flush. No shimming. Lower legs cover the boots.
kw0j3FQ.jpg
Belt needs to be adjusted. We’ll work on that this week. We’ve also decided to add notches in the knee areas for mobility.
N0esvtH.jpg
34qv5fV.jpg
Rivets will be painted this week. We’ll make sure they’re n alignment for submission photos if necessary. Question on the knee plate: is the top back too far? It’s mounted following the top of the shin plates, but the top is also butting against the thigh.
Next is to deal with the backs of the thighs, add the ab button plates, and do clean up/touch up and we should be ready to submit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another week down, more work done. We should be ready for approval photos at the Armor Build next week! But if Dean says these are good ‘nuff we’ll hit submit!
OAtiFVY.jpg
ikZtDQ7.jpg
nEUBU8W.jpg
3SIrNZM.jpg
ksUiIjt.jpg
R3mscDN.jpg
bsiMeLR.jpg
RigNyNa.jpg

Whatcha think?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Left arm needs alignment adjustment. Other than that looking real good!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looks really close! Shoulder bells are rolling back. Needs a bit or trimming on the bottom front of the left thigh to even things up. Should really upgrade those boots when he gets a chance, though that is optional. It's a shame he trimmed off almost all the return edges, but live and learn. Overall, this is a huge improvement from where he started.

I will want to see this in person since there were a lot of craftsmanship issues the last time I saw it. If those have all been resolved though, should be an easy approval on Saturday. We can take new pics here.

Great job!

He's got the kit now.  As long as he can make the build party, I'll have dremel, sandpaper, and tools with me.  We'll get that thigh taken care of in no time.  Here's to hoping the rest is good for basic.

Thanks again Dean.