Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

SD Vader-in-progress

Guest Rod Vader

Guest Rod Vader

Hello there!

I'm currently working on a Darth Vader suit and anticipate completion in or around September (at latest years end fingers crossed). I'm in the San Diego area and would like to start making contacts as early as possible so that I can hopefully troop as frequently as possible. I understand Vader's are a 1-per-event billet so I hope the market isn't too saturated but I hope I can assist in the rotation soon.

I'm still waiting on some pieces before I can troop and was wondering if there were any local Vader's willing to share some tips and tricks to maximize my effectiveness. I've been pretty active in the SLD so I feel like I have a good foundation but I'm sure there's tons to learn about trooping (especially in hotter climates). I'm sure the troopers here know alot too so don't be afraid to drop some knowledge on me as well. Always ready to learn.

Look forward to getting to know you all soon! 

Thanks so much for the warm welcome! My SLD username is Rod Vader and I currently have a WIP up in the masters section. Right now is mainly playing the waiting game but no better time to research right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right on, Rod. I just checked it out. I'm not personally familiar with the Korbanth chest box, but nobody else flagged it on SLD, so it might be good.

I found SLD to be a wealth of info. The biggest issue I ran in to with approval was picture quality with my initial submission pics. I would definitely keep Stutz (our GML) in the loop here on ISG as you progress. SLD has the knowledge, but Stutz is who will approve you.

I'm happy to help you however I can as you start to put things together and answer any questions you might have along the way.