Denizen Workshops

Denizen Workshops  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What would you like to see workshops to help with?

• Gaffi Sticks
    • Cycler Rifles
    • Costumes
    • Other (please specify)

Good day denizens!

I have been discussing with the RL leadership having a couple (north and south CA) workshops to help people with their Tuskens and Jawas.  I know we have several new denizens that have been approved or are close to submitting, so I figured I should share this here too.

What would you be interested in learning how to construct or have a assembly line work party for?

Depending how far along everyone would be...but in my case

Tusken:

I haven't submitted for approval on the Tusken (hoping for this weekend) but I'm thinking the approval will be painless for basic, but to really get that lived in look will take some help from those that have been around a minute. Before this I would say the dying of the material, I had to do it a few times because I messed up the ratios pretty bad. The helmet wasn't too bad once I got going but even that would be a quick turn around at a party with some guidance on the mouth and the head wraps. I did the wraps on Friday, then took all off Saturday and re did on Sunday. But knowing what I do now it would have been a very easy process the first go around and could be a good assembly at party for new builders.

Still to do and would really like to see: Assembly for the pouches (i am submitting my approval with only 1) and choice of weapon. Those are great build party options with some very basic build threads and are very cost effective if done yourself.

Jawa:

Although I wasn't able to attend the dye party, that is a huge help and great idea. Appears we can knock out mask and pattern for the robe in a day at a party dedicated to denizens and may even be able to sew it up with the guidance of Lesley and others. Building the blaster and additional pouches as mentioned above for the Tusken.

Overall a dedicated group just focusing on the 2 costumes would probably increase the overall completion time greatly since they are fairly basic. Or even setting some goals for certain dates (like the mask to be completed by the 24th party and bring for critique)

Hope that helps! But whatever you decide I'll be there to learn or pass on to others what I encountered during the builds.

Your Jawa build thread has been a timesaver already and helps keep us on the right track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk