requesting access.. and an introduction!

Guest ghaash

Guest ghaash

Hi I'm Daniel!

I've been a Star Wars fan as long as I could remember... I even went to conventions back in the 90s for the 20th anniversary and it was a wonderful time in my childhood! I love how star wars grown from the EU/Legends to Rebels and the new books. May it never end..!

I'm curious if these items would receive approval? I'd like to get my costume for an imperial bridge crew before SDCC 2017, 59 days left!
Imperial Hat

Imperial Bridge Crew Jumpsuit

Belt

Boots

If they do I'll order them right away and see you guys at Comic con!

The costume base jumpsuit is acceptable, but the hat and belt are not. The buckle's corners are too rounded, and the hat is not the correct shape (it's cylindrical vs conical)

The jackboots are fine.

Check out this resource list from the IOC. The Detachment is a great place to get information about your build, so make sure you spend some time on there.

http://www.imperialofficer.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1817-ioc-costume-resource-list/#comment-19564

Guest ghaash

Thank you all! I did see the IOC, where I found the boots which are amazing spot on!

The others were not under the "unknown reputation" but still listed, I was just wondering what passes because that's still unclear to me :'( Is acceptable still okay? I'm worried that the colors wont match up if I order from separate sites.

Although I'm not a 501st member yet (still waiting on a few costume pieces), I frequently read the IOC boards. Molli Makes (as BroadSword recommended) seems to be the favorite as far as hats go, but she is moving soon and I'm not sure if you'd get a hat in the time frame you want. You can try Pilot Bay and see if they can expedite your order. I've been told that some of the Disneyland hats can be approved if they have the correct code disc. The Disney hats do run small and aren't made of the most sturdy material, but they are a cost effective option, and, provided it fits may work out until you get another one.

16 hours ago, Guest ghaash said:

Thank you all! I did see the IOC, where I found the boots which are amazing spot on!

The others were not under the "unknown reputation" but still listed, I was just wondering what passes because that's still unclear to me :'( Is acceptable still okay? I'm worried that the colors wont match up if I order from separate sites.

Generally, "acceptable" mean approvable, but not the best. In this case, the costumebase jumpsuit is OK, but there are better options out there (WampaWear for example).

I wouldn't worry about color matching on blacks. They are pretty forgiving.

The real experts on this costume are on the IOC. Recommending spending more time on there looking through the WIP threads and asking questions. Lots of great info there.

Guest Membership Question

Hi.  Michael here.  An aspiring Imperial Sands member.  I submitted photos to the membership email, and wanted to make sure they were received.  Looking forward to being a bad guy doing good!

1 hour ago, Guest Membership Question said:

Hi.  Michael here.  An aspiring Imperial Sands member.  I submitted photos to the membership email, and wanted to make sure they were received.  Looking forward to being a bad guy doing good!

Hi Michael. I received your photos and replied. Please see your email. Looking forward to having you as a member!

Guest Email

Hi.  Thanks so much.  My sincere apologies, but I checked and also checked my spam and I don't have anything.  Could you resedn.  Thanks so much and sorry for the inconvenience.

12 hours ago, Guest Email said:

Hi.  Thanks so much.  My sincere apologies, but I checked and also checked my spam and I don't have anything.  Could you resedn.  Thanks so much and sorry for the inconvenience.

Hi Michael, what is your forum username?