Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Rob' s ANH stunt build.

Balue

Looking good! There some extra flashing around the eyes that could use some cleanup, but it's coming along nicely.

Thanks and this is where i go back and forth on how far to clean it and stay canon.

Based upon reference photos the eyes were very rough. Is this an approval issue? If so I will clean up? Here is one of the photos i was using as reference. So much info and differing view on this but would defibately like your GML input on this and if it is something i need to work on.

b7e9871bbaa396d4039ec3e1e4ab2ca4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Balue said:

Thanks and this is where i go back and forth on how far to clean it and stay canon.

Based upon reference photos the eyes were very rough. Is this an approval issue? If so I will clean up? Here is one of the photos i was using as reference. So much info and differing view on this but would defibately like your GML input on this and if it is something i need to work on.

b7e9871bbaa396d4039ec3e1e4ab2ca4.jpg

There is some room for flexibility, but in the Legion we generally strive for what we call "idealized accuracy". When you look at the costumes used the actual films, there are many examples of mistakes, poor craftsmanship, broken parts, chipped paint, sloppy repair jobs, missing decals, etc. Although those are "accurate" to the screen used parts, we try to consider what the costume designers would have done had they had the time, budget, and quality of materials we have today and replicate that. We also try to give a nod to what the standards would be if these were real-world military uniforms. There are many details we see today due to high-def films, access to the actual costumes, touring museum shows, etc. that were never meant to be seen on film by the audience.

Again, it's a balancing act. Consider that most of our viewing public won't have the level of knowledge of the costumes that we do, so generally try to avoid anything that could come across as "sloppy" (even if it is accurate. :-)

There is some room for flexibility, but in the Legion we generally strive for what we call "idealized accuracy". When you look at the costumes used the actual films, there are many examples of mistakes, poor craftsmanship, broken parts, chipped paint, sloppy repair jobs, missing decals, etc. Although those are "accurate" to the screen used parts, we try to consider what the costume designers would have done had they had the time, budget, and quality of materials we have today and replicate that. We also try to give a nod to what the standards would be if these were real-world military uniforms. There are many details we see today due to high-def films, access to the actual costumes, touring museum shows, etc. that were never meant to be seen on film by the audience.
Again, it's a balancing act. Consider that most of our viewing public won't have the level of knowledge of the costumes that we do, so generally try to avoid anything that could come across as "sloppy" (even if it is accurate. :-)

Thanks, exactly what i was looking for, more of an official view. Some have said great as is some said trim a tad more. Luckily this is a very quick adjustment.

Looking good! There some extra flashing around the eyes that could use some cleanup, but it's coming along nicely.

How is this looking? Hit it with a dremel
19f24126ff2ad70933b206cec0a72c39.jpg

Overall looking really good! Minor suggestions.,

• Eye flashing is looking much better. I'd still take more off, but it's good as it too. Just down to preference at this point.

• Calves should sit a bit lower onto the boots. That will open up space at the knees too to make it easier to walk.

• Might want to add a bit of additional strapping to the sides of the butt plate so the butt-wings don't flare out (common problem).

• Forearms should sit lower. Showing too much wrist.

• Adjust bicep/forearm strapping so they are equal both sides of your body. Your right bicep and forearm are a couple inches higher.

• Rear shoulder straps are a bit out of alignment with the back armor. Can do the elastic band trick to keep them in place.

• Crotch strap not attached? Butt plate should curve up more so you don't see those snaps.

• Might eventually want to trim a bit off the top back of the thighs if you find it pinching there when you troop.

• In a previous pic it looked like you were using white strapping to connect the kidney plate to the butt plate, but I'm not seeing it here, so looks like you took care of it.

Very clean build! Should be an easy approval when the time comes.

Overall looking really good! Minor suggestions.,
• Eye flashing is looking much better. I'd still take more off, but it's good as it too. Just down to preference at this point.
• Calves should sit a bit lower onto the boots. That will open up space at the knees too to make it easier to walk.
• Might want to add a bit of additional strapping to the sides of the butt plate so the butt-wings don't flare out (common problem).
• Forearms should sit lower. Showing too much wrist.
• Adjust bicep/forearm strapping so they are equal both sides of your body. Your right bicep and forearm are a couple inches higher.
• Rear shoulder straps are a bit out of alignment with the back armor. Can do the elastic band trick to keep them in place.
• Crotch strap not attached? Butt plate should curve up more so you don't see those snaps.
• Might eventually want to trim a bit off the top back of the thighs if you find it pinching there when you troop.
• In a previous pic it looked like you were using white strapping to connect the kidney plate to the butt plate, but I'm not seeing it here, so looks like you took care of it.
Very clean build! Should be an easy approval when the time comes.

Awesome Dean, thank you for the quick review. I have pretty much all that on my list to adjust today. You should see some pics in your in box later on!

Just now, Balue said:

Awesome Dean, thank you for the quick review. I have pretty much all that on my list to adjust today. You should see some pics in your in box later on!

When you are ready to submit, here are the instructions.

• 3 months later...