Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Rob' s ANH stunt build.

Balue

Hey all! Aaaand so it begins, i have done most of the rough cutting and am getting to the point where I will need to be doing fitting and fine trimming.

I have a question, well a lot actually but one for now to get started. When fitting the legs and arms do I build the front/outside edges to the cover strip specs then size cut mainly on the back/insides? For example the front of the shin ridge do I trim that so it's 20mm wide the strip it? Or make it a tad bigger like 21-22? Just trying to see how it should begin

I am not a big guy so don't need to worry about having to shim anything.

Today I plan on making coverstrips then start the fitting process.

All pieces in the pic have now been rough trimmed so the excess is gone fe4de315667ccd306984bdd5b8c85114.jpg090cd05941ab3b0fd1c94140c4a0e8c2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The ridges on the front should be a couple mm wider than the actual cover strips, just like you mentioned. And always make the fronts outsides as much to spec as possible, and use the backs/insides for any adjustments.

The ridges on the front should be a couple mm wider than the actual cover strips, just like you mentioned. And always make the fronts outsides as much to spec as possible, and use the backs/insides for any adjustments.

Great Thanks! My plan for example on the front shins that require 20mm strips is to cut each side down to 11mm for a 22mm ridge. Then strip it and fit with angled as needed cuts on back side to form and fit.

I believe the is an armor party this month hopefully I can make it and get some hands on advise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rob, you're making good progress!  We're having an armor Party this weekend in Fallbrook--its up in the hills at my house--its a long drive, I won't lie--but we're going to have tons of people here working, and we might be able to help you fit that and get you a lot closer to done!

Rob, you're making good progress!  We're having an armor Party this weekend in Fallbrook--its up in the hills at my house--its a long drive, I won't lie--but we're going to have tons of people here working, and we might be able to help you fit that and get you a lot closer to done!

Thanks, I am going to try and make it. No scratch that I WILL make it up there!

Tomorrow Mitch is going to help me trim and fit the thighs and shins.

Well made some progress on the bucket at them party over the weekend and finished up some more tonight.

Trimmed ears more and mounted them. Just need to do some fine sanding and done.

3de9c2001e01c5a945184679a2c533c7.jpg

b37ca26d101ec9e08ef89ed7f150c6ff.jpg

Trimmed and installed S trim

2abd542bdbd2a9988ebac21d750da5b7.jpg

Ok..... and couldn't resist!

c92a2ad9c14f5715662762f630f8e82c.jpg