Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Hearing assist for TK

DeceptiSean

One of the first things I did with my TK helmet was install a couple of 5v fans towards the front. Since then it's been difficult to hear while the fans are running. So then next step was a hearing aid of some sort. I know there's that guy who makes them and sells for 60 bucks on the FISD forum but that's a bit pricey for me. While wandering around a Radio Shack I stumbled upon this...

a7e886f3f07d0d8be5307fe71f790c6d.jpg

I spent about an hour and a half soldering and got this...

6ec6818ad3a8bf1cfd17d5cd3d44dd9e.jpg

And installed...

336e2933a9873104004198e0c7852ba3.jpg

Pretty cool, only problem is the noise from the fans have been amplified and I definitely can't hear anything else. Any suggestions on how to fix?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Did you place the mic's threw the plastic under the rubber brow next to the ears? That's how I have seen them done. Then maybe insulate with some kind of silicone and foam behind it. Just guessing here. Would like to know how other people have solved that problem.

Did you place the mic's threw the plastic under the rubber brow next to the ears? That's how I have seen them done. Then maybe insulate with some kind of silicone and foam behind it. Just guessing here. Would like to know how other people have solved that problem.

I placed the microphones behind the middle of the ears. My guess is the microphones are picking up the vibration of the fans through the plastic.

Yeah I did mine through the ears but had to put a wall of e6000 to have it "float" in the ear so that it would lessen the vibration pick up.

I might have to try something like that. I'll need to bore out the holes some more first. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...