Don't miss the next Multi-club Armor/Sewing Party and Meeting ×

Officer Boots

Eagleskull

Would anyone know a good source for officer boots that won't break the bank too much?

I've seen on some boards recommend Soviet boots site, if anyone had experience with this website.. were the boots true to size and how was shipping. 

Thank you in advance

Adriel.

What size are you?  I have a pair of size 10 Soviet Boots that I'll be selling shortly.  I was approved in them as an IOC Staff Officer at Level 2.  (This style can't go to Level 3, however, if that's what you're looking for)  They're in great shape, and I'm relatively local.  (Ordering from Soviet Boots is a crapshoot... sometimes you get good condition, sometimes not... and it takes well over a month to ship here from Bulgaria.)

1 hour ago, khazara said:

Have you checked out the Imperial Officer Corps detachment forums? Howard Smart has several officer costumes and may have some info.

I believe some have successfully used Toddscostumes.com's Han Solo boots @ $200.

Ill sign up on those boards.

Ive been keeping an eye on Todd's boots at the moment its on pre-order but 200 isn't too bad from the shopping ive been doing. 

1 hour ago, PunkRocketScience said:

Have you tried www.imperialboots.com?

I have an extra pair of jack boots that I need to sell...  What size are you looking for?  My calves are too thick for the barrels, but otherwise they are in good condition.

I was looking on there site, only thing that I notice they didn't add is the height of the boot shaft. My regular shoe size is about 10/10.5 

I read on the IOC forum that there is a gentlemen selling some boots for $100. I can PM him for contact info if you'd like.

"I need to scrape up some cash so I need to part with my very nice, real leather, dressage riding boots.  These were ordered from the Ridersmall back in 2014 and have been worn maybe about a half dozen times.  They are in excellent condition.  I will PM pics for anyone interested.  If I recall correctly these boots cost me $200.  I'd like to get $100 for them plus shipping if that is possible.  PM me if interested.

http://www.ridersmall.com/main/boots/Tall/men/Decent_Men_Dressage_boots_wobz.html"

Costumes_2015.jpg.d4fc47d140ee3a6dd1d33d[/img

2 hours ago, BroadSword said:

Scour ebay for good leather riding boots that fit you or you can also try: http://www.hessenantique.com/Riding_Boots_p/2116510.htm

Hessen is the gold standard, for those that can afford them.  With any tall boot, though, beware potential issues with the width of the shaft.  If your legs are too thick, you won't get your calves into most of them without altering them to install a gusset (which looks terrible) or stretching them at a cobbler shop (which works well but adds to the cost, plus there's only so much they can be stretched).  If you have particularly beefy calves, custom tends to be the only good option.  Hessen does custom boots for $70 more than stock boots.  Bear that in mind if you'll need to stretch them, because that process usually costs about $30, so really there's only a $40 difference for full custom that should fit perfectly out of the box.